Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back on RMC4 - RMC5 is a disaster

Thumbs down Back on RMC4 - RMC5 is a disaster

Hi,

I tried to record six MFC streams with RMC5 (5.0.0.89) but its one huge disaster !!!
    Picture & sound is screwed up. Scrambled picture and whistling/beeping/etc sound.
    Time running on picture looks like it is not running because minutes are not changing or its giving wrong times up to many hours for a few minutes recording.

I kept the same six streams open and started RMC4
    Then i did for every of the six windows video: off and video: on again... and they are all recording perfectly and with correct window naming !!!
    Picture & sound as it should be. KB timers running fine.

The only conclusion i can make is that there is something fundamental wrong with RMC5.

Cool Re: Back on RMC4 - RMC5 is a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    Hi,

I tried to record six MFC streams with RMC5 (5.0.0.89) but its one huge disaster !!!
    Picture & sound is screwed up. Scrambled picture and whistling/beeping/etc sound.
    Time running on picture looks like it is not running because minutes are not changing or its giving wrong times up to many hours for a few minutes recording.

I kept the same six streams open and started RMC4
    Then i did for every of the six windows video: off and video: on again... and they are all recording perfectly and with correct window naming !!!
    Picture & sound as it should be. KB timers running fine.

The only conclusion i can make is that there is something fundamental wrong with RMC5.

You got that so right! There is apparently no hope for fixes of RMC5 in the near future, so I am also still using RMC4 with no problems.

Default Re: Back on RMC4 - RMC5 is a disaster

I to would like to return to RMC4. Where can I download it?

Smile Re: Back on RMC4 - RMC5 is a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by wmercier View Post
    I to would like to return to RMC4. Where can I download it?
    You can find older versions of RMC4 at this link: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php It even has links for RMC3. By-the-way, Applian should just fix the YouTube issues that RMC4 has. That would satisfy me and a whole lot of others who are not fans of RMC5.

Does Applian even acknowledge that RMC4 has (or had) issues downloading YouTube videos?

Many of us began reporting in February that we could no longer download from YouTube, and the standard responses were:
    1. Everything was working "just fine" for the Applian staff
    2. Users should make sure to clean cache of their browsers
    3. Always remember to click the "Start Recording" button before navigating to the YouTube site

It seems that in many (most??) cases, those who downloaded RCM5 are having as many -- or even more -- problems.

Unfortunately Youtube has changed the way they are streaming their media and Replay Media Catcher 4 does not support the mp4 files. Replay Media Catcher 5 can now do this.

Angry Re: Back on RMC4 - RMC5 is a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie Heggenberger View Post
    Unfortunately Youtube has changed the way they are streaming their media and Replay Media Catcher 4 does not support the mp4 files. Replay Media Catcher 5 can now do this.
    Well I suggested that RMC4 be updated so that it can detect and download MP4 streams from YouTube. Is that really so hard to do? It's my feeling that Applian is not updating RMC4 to force customers to buy RMC5, which by-the-way really sucks. Personally I am using 123copyDVDPlatinum2013 to download problematic YouTube streams, and it works perfectly. Of course that program is really pricey, but hey, it's worth it for a product that works as advertised.

Try to install the new version from ffmpeg. It solved the problems i had in RMC4 !

From an old posting about problems with youtube webm streams:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Actually, the newest version of RMC (to be released soon) should resolve this issue and have a more up to date codec installed that will work with it.

Replay Media Catcher includes the open-source conversion utility FFMPEG. We don't make any changes to it but simply provide it for conversions. If conversions are not performing as expected this is almost always due to missing or conflicting codecs on your computer. Or in some cases the original file was compressed with a codec that windows does not understand.

FFMPEG comes in many different versions. You can try using another version of FFMPEG.exe if you wish.Download this file and save it to Replay Media Catcher's directory in Program Files replacing the file of the same name. Backup your existing file first by simply renaming it to FFMPEG.bak:

http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/ffmpeg/r25512/ffmpeg.exe

Replace the file with Replay Media Catcher closed. Then re-open Replay Media Catcher and try your conversion again.

Please understand that Replay Media Catcher uses the open source FFMPEG for all conversions. There is not anything in Replay Media Catcher that we can fix if a specific conversion type is not working for you. Codecs are almost always the problem and those can be different on every machine based on what you've installed in the past.

i just upgraded to 5 for this very reason, but it's still not recording mp4 from youtube, how does one get a refund? i sent in a support ticket but no reply so far

Quote Originally Posted by texasdiva View Post
    i just upgraded to 5 for this very reason, but it's still not recording mp4 from youtube, how does one get a refund? i sent in a support ticket but no reply so far
    Give us a little time, on weekdays we respond within 24 hours - weekends can take a tiny bit longer at times.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.