Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 5 not recording

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 5 not recording

I'm having similar issues...I used to be able to record games from cox7.com with 3.11 verion
    With 4 installed as well since 4 wouldn't record those streams but since upgrading from 4 to 5 and
    Leaving 3.11 on my comp it now won't record the games like before :-(

I am having same problems also except it is not just youtubes but I can't record any videos whatsoever from a browser no matter what the site...I have done the following:

made sure that RMC5 is loaded first and that recording is on

all cache in browser is cleared

browsed to many different sites that have video ( even my own site which I put a test video on )

tried various browsers

uninstalled all monitor drivers as well as RMC5 and reinstalled ( no installation problems )

rebooted computer

RMC5 still does not record any videos ( no matter what site the video is on ) through the browser

The only time I can record a video is through the guides

Any other ideas on what to try?

BTW...I do have the most recent version installed ( 5.0.0.96 )

Hey -

YouTube has been changing things left right and center for the last few months. 0.96 however supports their new adaptive protocol which appears to be their native streaming protocol now.

You need to change from Page mode to Raw mode in the settings > internet > http adv. > youtube download method. Its strange because (at the time of posting) page view (the default in 0.96) worked for all normal yt videos but failed for all yt music videos.

Anyway in Raw YT mode you can currently download any YT video and not worry about whether your watching a music video or a "normal" video.

As to why your not able to download anything at all - My guess is that your not monitoring the network card that your computer is speaking to over the internet.

Check your settings - Internet > Monitor. If your using Winpcap then ensure the adapter your computer is speaking to the internet over is correctly selected. If you think it is all ok then lodge a support request and one of the guys will help you figure it out.

I reminder though that if you are trying to access a page via https - then RMC cant see it - its encrypted - just like your bank details are when you go to your internet banking. Change the https to http. Youtube does do this sometimes.

HTH

- CRS

Having much better luck with Firefox now.