Thread: Replay Media Catcher 5 not recording

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Replay Media Catcher 5 not recording

Replay media catcher 5 not recording anything from YouTube since update - what is the latest info on this?

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 5 not recording

I was able to capture YouTube videos right away after installing version 5, but not now. I did leave version 4 on my machine, which I'm glad about right now, as it still works. But is having version 4 still on the machine causing the problem? On the other hand, people seem to be having problems with version 5 not capturing even though they have uninstalled version 4 before installing version 5. Any suggestions or solutions?

Found the same and although not ideal I have found that if I refresh the page with the wanted content, RMC records on reload of the page and item.

First version 5 update (5.0.0.89 2013-05-09) makes a little improvement. Now some YouTube videos record, but MUCH slower than last update of version 4.

Many YouTube videos do not record under any circumstances. Page refresh rarely if ever works for me.

Like others, I'm glad I kept version 4 in play.

Frankly, the new vsn 5 interface is not all that nice, compared to the very functional and familiar version 4. I really think this falls into the category of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!"

Back to the drawing board, Jaksta/Applian!

Red face Re: Replay Media Catcher 5 not recording

Quote Originally Posted by kirkers View Post
    First version 5 update (5.0.0.89 2013-05-09) makes a little improvement. Now some YouTube videos record, but MUCH slower than last update of version 4.

Many YouTube videos do not record under any circumstances. Page refresh rarely if ever works for me.

Like others, I'm glad I kept version 4 in play.

Frankly, the new vsn 5 interface is not all that nice, compared to the very functional and familiar version 4. I really think this falls into the category of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!"

Back to the drawing board, Jaksta/Applian!

Unfortunately RMC5 is definitely not ready for Prime Time. As I mentioned in a previous post that can be found here: https://forum.applian.com/showthread...tcher-5.0.0.88 RMC5 can actually damage your registry. I expect that sooner or later Applian will fix the bugs in RMC5. They always do.

Unfortunately Youtube has changed the way they are streaming their media and Replay Media Catcher 4 does not support the mp4 files.

Our developers has released Replay Media Catcher 5 that has fixed this issue. Please feel free to try Replay Media Catcher 5:
    http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

You can also download via the following methods:

1. Internet > Manual Download. Enter the youtube watch page url (eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOR_HuHRNs) and select YouTube Video Page
    2. Search for and download the video in the built in YouTube guide.

Also, here are some great tutorials on Replay Media Catcher5: http://applian.com/support-videos.php#RCAT5