Thread: Event Log Warning With Replay Media Catcher 5.0.0.88

Unhappy Event Log Warning With Replay Media Catcher 5.0.0.88

After installing Replay Media Catcher 5.0.0.88 I've been getting this Event Log warning: "Winint - Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." I am running Windows 7, Home Premium 64 bit, and I did not have this Event Log warning before the installation of RMC5. So, I uninstalled RMC5, rebooted and still got the same Event Log error message. I did a System Restore to a point just before the the RMC5 installation, and the Winint error message disappeared from the Event Log. To be sure that RMC5 was causing this problem I reinstalled RMC5 again, and the Winint Warning appeared once more in the Event Log. Needless to say I removed RMC5 from my computer and did a System Restore. My gut feeling is that RMC5 is making an incorrect registry entry during installation. By-the-way, I should mention that RMC5 worked very well on my system, and my YouTube downloads were incredibly fast! It is a great program, and all that Applian needs to do now is to fix whatever is causing the annoying Event Log Winint Warning, and I will reinstall it on my computer. I did pay for the upgrade.

Aloha,

-Endyr

Default Re: Event Log Warning With Replay Media Catcher 5.0.0.88

Looks like your trying to install this in a limited profile. Can you try installing it as admin?

Cool Re: Event Log Warning With Replay Media Catcher 5.0.0.88

Quote Originally Posted by jamertroy View Post
    Looks like your trying to install this in a limited profile. Can you try installing it as admin?
    Hi jamertroy. I did install RMC5 as administrator. As I mentioned in my original post, I will not re-install RMC5 until this problem is resolved by Applian. By-the-way if you research this issue you will find that it could cause unexplained computer freezes and lockups. Thank you for the input.

Hi,

Please try and update Replay Media Catcher: http://applian.com/download_file.php?file=RCATSetup.exe
    The developer updated the monitors in Replay Media Catcher.
    If you are still having troubles, please submit a support ticket.

Angry Re: Event Log Warning With Replay Media Catcher 5.0.0.88

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie Heggenberger View Post
    Hi,

Please try and update Replay Media Catcher: http://applian.com/download_file.php?file=RCATSetup.exe
    The developer updated the monitors in Replay Media Catcher.
    If you are still having troubles, please submit a support ticket.
    I just installed RMC 5.0.0.89 and I still get the same Winint error that I reported earlier in this thread. Applian needs to address this issue as it can seriously damage a computer's registry, and ultimately cause system freezes and crashes. I just did a system restore and every thing is working fine, minus RMC 5.0.0.89 of course. I will not submit a support ticket because from past experiences, your support group seems to have trouble understanding plain English, as they never addressed the issues that I brought up. I just got canned answers not relevant to the technical issues I reported.
    Last edited by endyr; 05-13-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endyr View Post
    I will not submit a support ticket because from past experiences, your support group seems to have trouble understanding plain English, as they never addressed the issues that I brought up. I just got canned answers not relevant to the technical issues I reported.
    endyr - I so agree with your sentiment. I am a massive fan of Applian software but a just as massive hater of the answers on this forum or using tickets.

If a fellow member answers then it tends to be helpful if certain staff members answer they just copy & paste the reply to make a ticket. This is exactly the opposite of the point of a forum. We all want to see how the issue was resolved. My guess is that they have been briefed to say this so as to deflect any criticism and not to 'wash their dirty linen in public'.

This is a real shame because as I said the software is generally excellent so what have they got to fear?

Quote Originally Posted by myersph View Post
    endyr - I so agree with your sentiment. I am a massive fan of Applian software but a just as massive hater of the answers on this forum or using tickets.

If a fellow member answers then it tends to be helpful if certain staff members answer they just copy & paste the reply to make a ticket. This is exactly the opposite of the point of a forum. We all want to see how the issue was resolved. My guess is that they have been briefed to say this so as to deflect any criticism and not to 'wash their dirty linen in public'.

This is a real shame because as I said the software is generally excellent so what have they got to fear?
    Thank you myersph. I am also a long-time fan of Applian and I am sure that they will resolve this issue in the near future.

Aloha,

-Endyr

Smile Re: Event Log Warning With Replay Media Catcher 5.0.0.88

Good News! The Wininit Event Log issue has been fixed. I finally relented and contacted Applian Technical Support with this problem, and they responded with a fix that works very well. I can't describe the solution here as it is a bit technical and involves the editing of a registry value. The tech support representative wrote a "recipe" for me to follow, and Voila! Everything is good. I can now use RMC5, and as I mentioned before, it is amazing in its ability to capture YouTube Videos. Thank you Applian Tech Support Group!

Hey -

Im glad they sorted you out and your now happy.

For the benefit of every one else that might read this thread though your statements above about this being an issue are totally incorrect.

What you have seen is a "warning" in the event log about dll's being injected. Windows is just warning you about what is happening on your machine.

RMC injects a dll into the applications listed on the Settings > Audio > Capture tab. It does this so that it can extract audio directly from these applications when performing Audio recording.

It injects using whats called the AppInt_dll method (which triggers the warning) and not on the fly so that it can inject into modern browsers (where most people want to record audio from) which are "sandboxed".

The AppInt_dll method of injection is part of the OS and the only way to extract non stereo-mixed audio directly from a "sandboxed" application,

HTH

- CRS