Thread: Can't play files captured from Lynda.com

Default Can't play files captured from Lynda.com

My software has been working great, but when I try to capture a lynda.com video, it doesn't work. Has anyone figured out how to capture the lynda.com lessons.
    Thanks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aces1202 View Post
    My software has been working great, but when I try to capture a lynda.com video, it doesn't work. Has anyone figured out how to capture the lynda.com lessons.
    Thanks.
    Replay Media Catcher is supported at that site...
    Update Plugin available!

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC1000 View Post
    Replay Media Catcher is supported at that site...
    Update Plugin available!
    Great! Is this one of the sites that you need the Web Stream Dumper? What plugin do I need for lynda.com? Do I need to download anything?

I tried to capture a video from there and it appeared to work and downloaded 12MB in about 5 seconds, so I knew something wasn't right. When I tried to play it, there was an error message:

Error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie (E4638D12_00_01_welcome1.mp4
    Last edited by aces1202; 12-04-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Great! Is this one of the sites that you need the Web Stream Dumper? What plugin do I need for lynda.com? Do I need to download anything?
    I tried to capture a video from there and it appeared to work and downloaded 12MB in about 5 seconds, so I knew something wasn't right. When I tried to play it, there was an error message.
    No, This is a QuickTime Video.

Error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie (E4638D12_00_01_welcome1.mp4
    I'm not getting this error. Install the lasted CCCP/K-Lite Codec pack.

Default Re: Problem with Format (mp4 instead of mov) and Quality when recording from lynda.com

Quote Originally Posted by ColoGreg View Post
    I was trying to use Media Catcher to record a training video from
    Code:
    www.lynda.com
    Media Catcher tells me that it is recording as an MP4 file, which I know should be a MOV file. Is there a way to tell Media Catcher to record as an MOV? It won't play as an MP4 (it gives an error message), so I change the extension to MOV.

The video opens after changing the extension and plays, but it is dark. Is there a way to get a better quality video?
    I am having this problem as well. To add my information to the subject I just upgraded to version 3.11 and that is when the problem started. I recorded some training videos yesterday and they all worked great in the MOV format. Now everything is being saved as a .mp4 format.

Sure I can get around this by using the converter to convert the file to a different format but this is a pain and extra work for something that worked much better previously.

I guess I will downgrade to the previous version.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Default Re: Can anyone capture Lynda.com?

Well, the bad news is I tried downgrading to version 2.4 and now it is still recording it as mp4 files.

I completly uninstalled version 3.11, deleted the program files folder and then installed 2.4, yet it is still a problem.

This is really annoying that a new version can make things worse than than an older version and you can't downgrade to fix things!

Default Re: Can anyone capture Lynda.com?

This would be because of a change on the site, and not the upgrade of our program. Instead of converting, just rename the extension to .mov as previous users have stated.