ATT will shortly begin a test run to see whether they can get away with a new plan to severely restrict the downloading of information from the internet per month. There is currently no such restriction.

Unless I am missing something, this means that a user who is recording an internet stream using Replay A/V will be severely restricted (a number that I saw recently in ATT's announcement is something like 20 gigabytes per month) in their use of Replay A/V software. Of course, ATT will be glad to collect an additional sum of one dollar per gigabyte per month for anything over 20 gigabytes per month.

Think about it--and then start yelling at these people before they lock in a service scheme which all but puts serious Replay A/V users out of business. This of course assumes that the continuous recording of an internet streaming video or audio is metered by ATT the same as downloading a file from a web site.

I am seeking information at this early stage of the game about what these people (who have continued to demonstrate their ignorance of issues important to internet users) are up to and plan to do while your back is turned.

Don't let it happen. Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Musikon