Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recordign from Spotify

Default Recordign from Spotify

I have been able to record music from Spotify for several months. Now I can't. Any one aware if Spotify did something to block RMC, or do I need to change a setting?
    RMC seems to normally otherwise.

Default Re: Recording from Spotify

Hi WolfedMan

We've been recommending Replay Music for Spotify for quite some time now...I use Replay Music myself for that (never Replay Media Catcher) and it works quite well..i've never had any luck with Media Catcher and Spotify...
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Jeff:
    OK. That worked. I can record from Spotify. However, I also have a subscription to Sirius XM and I'm not able to record from there. Is Replay Music the best option or do I need something else? If Replay Music will do it. please tell me know. I tried selecting the "record from a web site" option, but I could not get any farther than that.

I have tested this and I'm able to record from Spotify with Replay Media Catcher. It works well. But I can't be perfectly happy with the audio quality. I could claim that degradation of the sound can be heard on the saved files, when the "DO NOT CONVERT" option is chosen. That saved music sounds a bit more plastic and it has lost some information. Sound of the cymbals (drums) reveal that easily. I'm sure this can't be just in my head.

I was also wondering, shouldn't there be some higher bitrate music somewhere... like Spotify keeps telling people? "High quality streaming" is chosen in Spotify settings, but _everything_ seems to end up being 128kbs mp3. Well, maybe I was just trying it with wrong tracks.

I'm gonna try Replay Music and saving to WAV's. Interesting to see if those files will sound like the original stream.

Oh, those older versions of RMC saved WAV's when the "DO NOT CONVERT" option was chosen. Why not anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by customsaurus View Post
    I have tested this and I'm able to record from Spotify with Replay Media Catcher. It works well. But I can't be perfectly happy with the audio quality. I could claim that degradation of the sound can be heard on the saved files, when the "DO NOT CONVERT" option is chosen. That saved music sounds a bit more plastic and it has lost some information. Sound of the cymbals (drums) reveal that easily. I'm sure this can't be just in my head.

I was also wondering, shouldn't there be some higher bitrate music somewhere... like Spotify keeps telling people? "High quality streaming" is chosen in Spotify settings, but _everything_ seems to end up being 128kbs mp3. Well, maybe I was just trying it with wrong tracks.

I'm gonna try Replay Music and saving to WAV's. Interesting to see if those files will sound like the original stream.

Oh, those older versions of RMC saved WAV's when the "DO NOT CONVERT" option was chosen. Why not anymore?
    I have not been able to get Replay Media Catcher to record from Spotify...how did you get it to record...change any settings?

For Spotify, you'll want to use Replay Music as I said at the top of this page

Replay Media Catcher will NOT work with Spotify.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Quick question. Is there a huge difference in using Replay music instead of Replay Media Catcher when working with Spotify?

Quote Originally Posted by peleus View Post
    Quick question. Is there a huge difference in using Replay music instead of Replay Media Catcher when working with Spotify?
    Replay Music records live - you do need to play the song to completion - unlike Replay Media Catcher where it records up to 20 times the speed of the file.

The best way to understand is to try it yourself - download the demo from http://applian.com/replay-music/ and record a few songs for free
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Hi Guys Just joined so virgin post.

Downloaded Replay Music as main intention is to record from spotify. Have to say I like the program BUT It will not tag the recorded file I have to do each one manually.

Any one any ideas please ?

Also suggestion for developer (if possible) how about an ability to import playlists e.g. Spotify playlists include download URL so should be quicker and more accurate.

Thanks in advance

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by kaybee327 View Post

Downloaded Replay Music as main intention is to record from spotify. Have to say I like the program BUT It will not tag the recorded file I have to do each one manually.

Any one any ideas please ?

Keith
    I just tested a one hour recording session with Spotify and Replay Music and it tagged each track...no problem.

This question should probably be posed in the Replay Music forum rather than the Replay Media Catcher forum.

I prefer using Replay Music Catcher and music sources other than Spotify which doesn't work with Replay Media Catcher.