Thread: Adobes new dynamic streaming protocol: how to download ?

Default Adobes new dynamic streaming protocol: how to download ?

Hi everyone. I would like to ask you something quite important. Does anybody know how to download videos from websites that use Adobe new dynamic streaming protocol ? I have some important videos in this situation, and really need to download them. Does anybody know how to help me, please ? Recording the screen in one option, I know, but there are several short videos to record, and I can't stay in front of desktop or come back everytime to play another video, in order to record it. I'm sorry If my thread is in wrong section, I suppose the best place is in "general discussion". Thanks a lot everybody.

Default Re: Adobes new dynamic streaming protocol: how to download ?

Today, when I viewed the source of the website, I found this link of the video:

"https://videos20ios-vh.akamaihd.net/i/1688_012813_CARREIRAS_JURIDICAS_2013_D_ADM_AULA_19 _Pt_IV_OK.mp4/master.m3u8?hdnea=st=1361235610~exp=1361235750~acl =/*~id=e7j5dkgabq15r4b6aba5ha7ei4~hmac=74873cd75d274 c1edea29956e4b9b74908005eb73467ea1d50b9c27a576e2ad e"

I searched over internet some information about it, and I could find some threads about M3U8 extension file, and it's related to HLS stream. Am I right ? I don't understand very well about these news technologies of streaming, so, I would like someone could explain me. Isn't it possible to download this kind of videos? Or, at least, can't I cache the video to get it later? Thanks a lot everyone for the help.

Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

If you were able to download this before but suddenly cannot, I guess they have changed their protocol already. But the URL would be nice to confirm this.