Thread: Problem with Applian Miniport - cannot uninstall.

Unhappy Problem with Applian Miniport - cannot uninstall.

Hello there, I downloaded the trial a few days back, and it seemed to work for its intended purpose, however, today some of my forced IP-related configurations stopped working (tunneling mainly).

I quickly noticed that the "Applian Miniport" Device under Network Adapters in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) had an asterisk symbol next to it, so I uninstalled RMC 4.4.5, but the Applian Miniport still decided to stay behind.

Disabling the device does not seem to have any effect at all.
    Even RMC still worked when it was disabled.

So i right-clicked the device directly, chose uninstall, clicked yes, sometimes ticking the "Delete the driver software for this device" whenever it chooses to appear, its random, and nothing happened. I did that a few times around, and it still refuses to leave my computer.

I've tried EVERYTHING I can come up with, including several programs that are made especially to remove "bad" drivers. With administrator rights.

That includes trying to update the driver so the device would start working again for easy uninstall, with RMC installed and without.

The hardware Ids part of driver details says "nt_appliandmp" but googling that wont give me any good info.

In both cases it either gives Code 31 (not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required), or Code 19 (Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. To fix this problem you should uninstall and then reinstall the hardware device.)

Also tried various methods in Safe-Mode without networking, hoping that the device wouldn't get loaded and it'd be easy to get rid of. No success.

Only thing I can think of from this point on, is deleting it by hand from registry but I've no expertise on that.

I'm running Windows 7 Build 7601 64-bit fully updated.
    Using comodo firewall but I uninstalled that at one point as well just to take a shot in the dark.

The device is using only one driver file: C:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\appliand.sys , file version 3.0.8.1 by Applian Technologies 2011, not digitally signed.

It can't be this hard to remove something that you guys made?
    Last edited by TeeSax; 02-07-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Extra infos

Default Re: Problem with Applian Miniport - cannot uninstall.

Problem fixed, go to network adapters, open properties of any network adapter and uninstall the Applian Service from the list. DUUUUUUURrrrrrrrrrr........... hopefully this will help someone else later on.

There are many Applian miniport drivers, one for every network connection. Some connections are hidden (you must go to the View menu and click to show hidden devices). Disable all sevices under network devices that you are NOT using. This stopped RMC caused BSOD failures on my XP system.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeSax View Post
    Problem fixed, go to network adapters, open properties of any network adapter and uninstall the Applian Service from the list. DUUUUUUURrrrrrrrrrr........... hopefully this will help someone else later on.
    Wow, thanks for this. I bet not a lot of users would even see this. I think this should be included in a guide or something similar.

I have this issue too now and am not able to uninstall those drivers. I even have 7 of them in my Networkadapter List. I can go to their properties, but there is no way to deinstall them. Can anybody give me some other hint what I could try to get rid of these? Btw. I am using Windows 8.1