Thread: After downloading FLV Player, Yahoo! took control of everything. How do we get it off Firefox Menu?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default After downloading FLV Player, Yahoo! took control of everything. How do we get it off Firefox Menu?

A few days ago I dnlded your FLV Player for Windows 7. Along with it came a Yahoo toolbar and other Yahoo junk that attached itself to my whole system and took control -- the Firefox menu, as a search toolbar, etc. I uninstalled it through Control Panel, but it still shows up in Firefox and continues to take control of my browser. It has caused additional problems throughout my system. A tech at Verizon spent a half hour trying to get rid of it but could not without going into the registry and he was not willing to do that. Is anyone at Applian listening? This is a big problem and it should not have happened. Please tell me how to get the Yahoo toolbar/add-on/plug-in/whatever it is completely out of my system.
    Last edited by Jeff Lenney; 04-27-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Correcting Spelling in Subject Title