Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

Angry Re: Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

I have turn off "tag songs..." and the program stopped working at the third song instead of the 14th.
    I am very disappointed with this issue.

Thank you.

Default Re: Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

Please contact tech support with details and a log file for me. Thanks.

Have you found anything to solve this yet WillH?
    Cheers

Have you found anything out yet?
    You are not alone in this, although mine has been behaving again these past few days?
    Cheryl is trying so hard to solve this for us though, new operating systems can throw up all sorts of new issues, especially 64bit OS.
    Not the only software to have had problems at work with 64 bit I'll tell you.

If you're having this specific issue, Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php

Thank you kindly!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

This I have done on several occasions and Cheryl is looking into it all for me.
    Thanks Jeff.
    Steve

I have been using Replay Music for the past few days and all seems fine at the moment, I have again taken the Normalizing off and played around with my power settings, not had a problem for a few days. I will keep you all up to date.
    Steve

Update - 28/2/13
    It did stop once, also reduced the Minimum milliseconds of silence between tracks to 3000 from the 5000 in the Splitting Tab.
    Normalizing still off and I find that rebooting the PC after I turned the Normalizing off for the first time seems to help.

Is anyone else having problems with Windows 8 64bit stopping with a message?
    Please post so that we can all solve this together.
    Many thanks
    Steve

Update 2 (2/3/13) - Tried switching the Normalize back on and hey, it stopped working after the last track of the album I was recording! Unchecked the Normalizing box, rebooted PC, now recording to see what happens. If it doesn't stop Cheryl I am assuming it must be an issue with certain machines and windows 8 as well as the Normalizing on RM. I used to use it without complaint on Windows 7. Maybe your developers could look into this for the next update 5.46.
    Cheers
    Steve

Update 3 - (3/3/13) Used without Normalizing checked and I haven't had a problem yet with RM stopping.

Update 4 - Still stops but not as frequently with Nomalizing off. Le_blur in next post says the stopping doesn't occur with RM 4?
    Something in RM 5 and Windows 8 then?
    Last edited by Scubasa1; 03-10-2013 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Add more info

I had the same issues with RM version 5 i.e. it stops working with Windows 8 64bit. My resolution has been to revert back to Replay Music version 4 which has been working fine with Windows 8 64bit for the last 2-3 months. I've obviously missed out on the reported improved facilities of version 5 (that I paid extra for!) but at least version 4 keeps working.

I'll monitor this thread to see if a resolution is put forward by Applian and then give version 5 another go then.

Thanks Le_blur,
    It is nice to know that I am not the only one with this problem and that it seems to be an issue with Version 5 and something that is causing a problem when run with Windows 8 OS 64 bit.
    I have taken the Normalize off which seems to have reduced the occurance although it still happens but as I said not as frequently. There seems to be no pattern, sometimes it will do it after one song then sometimes after and hour + of recording. When I close Replay Music after the message has come up to say that Replay Music has an issue and has stopped working it then loses the last Wav file recorded but the Wav Files which are now MP3's after conversion have reamianed. Upon open RM it has refreshed itself and the folder it was recording to has become the default Replay music folder again.
    One other thing is that it says not responding if I open up task amanager after the message and Spotify pauses, upon closing RM, spotify resumes play.
    I am trying to offer Cheryl and the tech team as much info as I can. If you have WINDOWS 8 64bit and are having problems with frequent stopping of the programme please add your issue to this forum and any things you notice so that 5.46 version can recitify the issue we hope. Is anyone having thsi issue with the 32 bit Windows 8 OS?
    It is interesting that version 4 as mentioned in the above post doesn't seem to suffer with these issue, there is a start, it is something in the version 5 update?
    It doesn't happen with Windows 7 as I have a netbook with 7 and had 7 on this machine before upgrading to 8.
    Thanks for your time Le_blur.
    Steve

Today an album I recorded didn't tag, so I was inputting the names manually and then the program stopped, I am wondering if it has something to do with the tagging?
    Anyone?
    Cheers