Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

Default Re: Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

Steve, it is difficult when we can't duplicate. Please submit a tech support ticket with the log files the next time this happens. Also, do include all the details as I do send it on.

Hi Cheryl,
    Still stopping regularly?
    I have submitted a tech support ticket as requested with Log Files. Request #1632
    Thanks
    Steve Anderson
    Last edited by Scubasa1; 08-07-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Oops-I saw the ticket but didn't realize it was you. Please do elaborate on the ticket with details of your system, what you are doing, what you have tried, and the make and model of your computer. In that way I have the information in one spot to send on. Thanks.

Hi Cheryl,
    I have sent Jeff my System info, logs and asked him to look at the Windows errors.
    I have also run the compatibility programme in the Action Centre, configured it to run like Windows 7 settings for RM see if that makes any difference.
    Thanks for getting back so soon.
    Steve

Great, Steve. Jeff is awesome and I'm sure he'll be able to assist you. Do keep him informed of all. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
    I am currently sending log and system files to Jeff, 2nd tier support. He is trying to replicate my issue with similar settings.
    If you are experiencing crashes when using Windows 7/8 please add your issue here or go to tech support and ask Jeff.
    I have tired using the Windows Audio driver as opposed to the Audio driver, both options in the RM programme.
    Also 64bit Windows 8 owners and crashes please let Jeff know what is happening, the more people that ask for support and send their logs the more chance we have for Jeff being able to pinpoint the issue.

I use the Audio driver because with the Windows Audio driver you have to turn off the System sounds and then back on after a recording session. I asked Jeff is he could add a tick box so that this can be auto or manual, hopefully in an update.

I would also love a button to add to iTunes whenever we want RM to rather than having to click start recording then stop again. This would be useful if you import MP3's and don't actually want to record, just import files to iTunes.

Anyway, is there anyone else out there with Windows 8 and RM crashing issues, please contribute to the forum in this thread, Cheryl is great at responding and hopefully together we can correct this bug/issue.

Thanks - Steve

Hi Guys
    I've experienced the problem myself. I HATE windows 8, seems to be issues with its ability to share permissions between different programs....anyways, I found that just by removing the tagging function it recorded a 40 track playlist without a hitch. It seems to me therefore that this is some problem due to tagging? Importing the files afterwards and the tagging produces the same problem with RM closing, so I guess that kinda narrows it down to a tag problem?
    If you need anymore info just holla.

Please do submit a ticket to tech support on this. Thanks.

Download Version 5.60, all working fine so far now on Windows 8.

Great. We have been doing a lot of testing on this. Thanks for letting everyone know about it. Mike, the developer, and Jeff-second tier support really worked to get this out.