Thread: Splitting tracks on the hour?

Post Splitting tracks on the hour?

Hey,

For some reason, a few months back, without any changes to any settings or anything, my recordings are splitting every hour or so from what I can tell. And it's not after 60 minutes. For example, I have a recording set to begin at 6:48am and it splits after 10 minutes, then it splits again after about 50 minutes, etc.

I end up with files with names of channel Dec 23_01.mp3, channel Dec 23_02.mp3, etc.

Of course I checked the Splitting properties of the show, and it's all unchecked. I added a new channel to test, and it did the same thing.

This is very annoying. Any ideas of what could be causing this and what can be done to fix it? I've uninstalled RAV8 and reinstalled it into a different directory under Program Files(x86) and problem persists.

I do NOT want any splitting.

Thanks for any help,
    James
    Last edited by James_K_P; 01-06-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: Splitting tracks on the hour?

Sometimes when capturing live streams, there are gaps in the transmission -- this is why the splits occurred.
    1) Try increasing the Stream Capture Time Out setting. This is located under Replay A/V's Main Settings, under the Tuning tab.

I've been doing some testing...and this is weeiirrdd.

I noticed if I create a new show, the "Split tracks at (and then here are 8 boxes) minutes after the hour", boxes are empty.

For some reason on the show doing this, each box had a zero in it. I've deleted every zero, hit ok, then just randomly let it record for 2-3 hours, and no splits.

So I guess I fixed it, but very weird how this got filled with zeroes, and if it does have zeroes, it does some odd splitting.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for always responding quickly Cheryl.

Can't wait for the new product to come out.

That one is beyond me-I'm afraid. Nothing I have heard of before. We are also anxious for the next program