Thread: Audio Distortion On Replay Music Recordings

Default Audio Distortion On Replay Music Recordings

Recent recordings made with Replay Music have unfortunately suffered from distortion. The distortion sounds like a low level crackling or fizzing noise and is particularly audible on simple musical tones. Nothing has been changed on my Windows 7 system but at some point in time Replay Music recordings have started to go wrong. (Perhaps after upgrading to Version 5? )

My attempts to fix this problem include reloading Replay Music (now Version 5.45), different audio streaming sites, different volume settings, trying both Audio Driver and Windows Audio Driver sources, different mp3 bit rates, different music players etc. but unfortunately the results are always the same: the source sounds fine but recordings are distorted...

How can I fix this frustrating problem?

Default Re: Audio Distortion On Replay Music Recordings

Please run the cleareplaymusicsettings.exe file. It is located in Program Files under Replay Music. Reboot and then enter your code.

Just to complete the story, clearing Replay Music's settings didn't fix the problem, however removing and replacing Replay Music's Lame.exe file did. I can't explain why - perhaps the 'fix' was irrelevant?

Whatever the correct solution was, it's good to return to no-distorting recordings...

Thanks for letting us know. Did you use the same lame.exe file or did you use a different one?

It was the same lame.exe file. I removed the file, ran Replay Music (it couldn't find a codec) and then replaced the file. All has been fine since then...