Thread: Converter Engine has encountered problem

Default Converter Engine has encountered problem

I have Replay AV 8.52 with Replay Converter (3.20) installed on two home machines running XP. They have both worked fine for several months, but on Sunday both gave a Windows error each time a program was scheduled to split:

"Converter Engine has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the problem."

Neither machine was changed in any way nor was any software (except Microsoft security updates) installed during that period. I can run the Conveter manually with no problem.
    Last edited by jake; 12-01-2008 at 08:26 AM.

Default Same here

I'm seeing the exact same thing. My setup was working just fine, but on starting today (Monday morning), all of my recordings, which ran just fine last week, are now failing. When I restarted my machine, I got the same "Needs to close" error message. I found lots of junk in my temp folder that was referencing the Converter Engine. Any ideas?????

Default Converter engine has encountered problem.

Well, the problem is fixed. After both machines were turned off, the problem went away. Note that rebooting and even reinstalling the prorgram didn't fix it. The machines had to be turned off.

Default Same problem

I've been having the same problem since September (about the time I first installed the Suite).

I've been trying to backtrack by uninstalling potentially offending applications that were installed since September.

Besides Replay Converter, Internet Explorer, Nero, and a couple of other programs randomly crash (I'm running Vista Business edition) and need to be restarted. It usually happens (but not always) in NTDLL.DLL.

I uninstalled Freecorder and haven't had the problem since but it has only been a couple of days. (The crashes may occur days apart so I haven't really had a chance to beat it up yet.)