Thread: Unable to open more than one version of FLV Player

Default Unable to open more than one version of FLV Player

As a previous user of the FLV Player I was able to open multiple instances of the FLV Player and play multiple videos at the same time.

I have recently downloaded version FLV and Media Player 3.2.0.3 which has replaced my old version.

I am now unable to play more than one version of FLV player, despite NOT ticking the option box from the preference menu - only play one instance. This option is definitely not on. Whatever I do I can't open more than one copy of the player (no mater how I try i.e from menu double clicking etc)-there is always only one instance open.

I would prefer to have my old version of the player back - the one with the blue button symbol where I could play multiple versions of the player. How can I get back to that version if this problem can't be fixed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Unable to open more than one version of FLV Player

we are not offering the other version any more I'm afraid. You are only able to open one version of the program at a time-you are correct. I will let the developer know about your request. Thanks.

Quick question, are there any advantages in opening more than one version of this application at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by jamertroy View Post
    Quick question, are there any advantages in opening more than one version of this application at a time?
    Watch two movies at once? Listen to two songs at once? I'm not certain myself...
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Post Re: Unable to open more than one version of FLV Player

Here's my use case which calls for multiple instances: a person giving a Powerpoint presentation wants to play three videos in between Powerpoint slides. Because Powerpoint doesn't play .MTS files, she can't embed the videos in the presentation. She would like to open three instances of Applian FLV player, load a different video into each one, pause each video at the beginning, and minimize each instance to the Windows taskbar. Then during the presentation, she would use Alt-tab to switch from Powerpoint to the appropriate instance of the FLV player. Queuing three videos inside one instance is awkward because the player will start the second video instead of stopping at the end of the first.

I too preferred the ability to open multiple instances of Player. In fact, that's the primary reason I chose to use this particular program. I see there is an option in Preferences/interface to restrict the program to a single instance; however, that option has no purpose since it really isn't an option. Also find in the new version it is very tricky to move a window while a video is playing. (installed on Win7) I know there are some of that appreciated the utter simplicity of version 2. Glitzing it up with options and multimedia support doesn't make it more appealing to all --but we may be in the minority.

To solve our problem, we wound up uninstalling Applian and using the Windows Media Player which, if you open it by selecting multiple files and having it open them as the default player, lets you play each one in turn using the "play" and "skip" buttons. We were able to minimize the Windows player to the task bar and bring it back at the point in the presentation where we wanted video--not as good as having four instances, each minimized and ready to start up, but good enough. With Applian, it was hard to keep the player from advancing too far into the first video before we had a chance to minimize it.