Thread: Media Catcher and TCPMP

Default Media Catcher and TCPMP

Anyone have any hints on using Media Catcher FLV files with Windows Mobile version of TCPMP? I have a Motorola Q with TCPMP and Flash Media Pack installed and have found some FLV files from YouTube work play correctly but others don't. The ones that don't work seem to be H.264/AVC and AAC related.

Just curious if anyone has solved this problem.

There is a problem with most converters and trying to convert the H.264 formatted files.

It may be a problem with the way Media Catcher saves the FLVs. We are currently trying to figure out a way to fix this.

Media Catcher is very impressive and has worked nicely for me.

As a bit of info to share on success playing the streams with another application....

I have been able to get Media Player Home Cinema to play all FLV files coming from Media Catcher (on my XP PC). I was having problems initially but installed the K-Lite Codec Pack (Full version) and I haven't had trouble playing any of the stream files.

Now I can continue to use the same media player for these files that I'm used to for all others.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post
    There is a problem with most converters and trying to convert the H.264 formatted files.

It may be a problem with the way Media Catcher saves the FLVs. We are currently trying to figure out a way to fix this.