Thread: VTC

Default VTC

I'd like to ask someone if is possible to record QuickTime or Flash movies from VTC site and how. I read at this URL http://www.applian.com/recording_sol...67&verb=Record
    Recommended for VTC Computer Software Training™
    Is here some tutorial how to record it ?
    Thanks

The program you would want to use for this is Replay Media Catcher. Download it and give it a try. You would open up Media Catcher. Select Start Recording. Then go to what you want to capture and it should work for you. Thanks.

Hello,
    I tryied Replay media catcher on VTC Tutorial site and QuickTime videos appears to be jammed (still image, no more sound) at 3/4 the length. On the other hand, FLV videos' download in ReplayMC stops at a few hundred kb and never ends. Videos played on their website or in their player work well. Is that a VTC streaming-trick to avoid downloading video ? Does the complete version of Replay Media catcher fixes that ?
    Last edited by ollvin; 01-02-2009 at 07:14 AM.

If you are using the demo it is only going to capture 75% of a file. When you purchase the full version and enter your activation code time constraints will be lifted and you would be able to capture an entire video.

OK, thanks.
    I wondered if it was the demo limitation or the soft limit.
    By the way, I didn't find where this demo limitation is explained. That's why I posted here. I think it should be mentionned on the demo download page, and as a tip at launch as for Replay A/V 5MB/5mn limitation. That would lead better demo users to know the complete product do exactly what they want and buy it.

It is on the download page for each program. Here is an example of this. Thanks.

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

Oh! OK!
    I misunderstood the meaning of the sentence "This demo is fully functional and will allow you to capture 100% of all YouTube videos, and 75% of everything else."
    I thought that meant 75% of any other video type/sites. Though, maybe my French way of thinking is not enought accurate to catch the natural English understanding of this sentence... or may it be a bit hard to catch for somebody else too? Let you see.

Best regards.