Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep getting partial download icon

Hi Everyone,

The developer is working on a new version of Media Catcher. I see that the issue with recording off of kebytraining seems to happen once the free trial is up. If anyone would be kind enough to create a support ticket in the Media Catcher department and share their username and password I can get the developer to test this site.

http://applian.com/replay-media-catc...ex.php#contact

Thank you!

Tasha:

The developer can create his / her own FREE account at Kelby and will be able to see the first 3 videos of every lesson. Hopefully that will be enough.

When you say the problem occurs when the free trial is up, does that mean the demo version of Media Catcher works fine (up to the 75% limit)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBooth View Post
    Unfortunately while the deom tutes downloads fully at the Kelby site, the other member's tutes always ends up as partial downloads at about 30k. It's as if something has been done to cripple it so that you can only view it being streamed but not save it to disk.
    So it seems that Media Catcher is able to record the free "demo" videos off of www.kelbytraining.com, but once you sign up for a paid account it no longer is able to capture. That's why we're hoping to be able to test this to see if we have it worked out with the newer version.
    So just a reminder to anyone who may have a paid account - we would really appreciate it if you could open a support ticket and share your username and a temp password!! Thanks.

Thumbs up kelbytraining.com

O.K. it looks like the new version of Media Catcher is going to work with www.kelbytraining.com. The BETA should be released pretty soon.

Default 30second limit on recording (paid program)

I get a 30second recording before Replay Catcher breaks the connection. This happens on every site. Is there a setting I have to make, reload the program or is even my anti-virus software (ZoneAlarm)?

Quote Originally Posted by paulsroom View Post
    I get a 30second recording before Replay Catcher breaks the connection. This happens on every site. Is there a setting I have to make, reload the program or is even my anti-virus software (ZoneAlarm)?
    I think it would be best if you created a support ticket. I need more info from you so we can figure out what is happening.

http://applian.com/help/index.php?pi...&department=39

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Partial/Incomplete recording small file size

yes, maybe if you take out the activation code, you can download the video [75% of it, making sense??]... not sure how much those two are related.

Generally, close the browser-> open RM Catcher-> start recording-> then go to website or click on the video...
    On MSN Videos, sometimes the Catcher may indicate
    "partial RTMP stream" or "complete" but only 35kb max file size...
    just wait for half hour or so then try again

Once you see it passes 100kb and keeps going, it will surely download the whole video, then the time window for you to download has come...
    I even did this in Innotek VirtualBox, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    I think it would be best if you created a support ticket. I need more info from you so we can figure out what is happening.

http://applian.com/help/index.php?pi...&department=39

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Yes, I have done this and am currently for a reply, my ticket number 2D088D. I have found that the same video that I am trying to access has been successfully recorded by a person in a forum I visit, but I don't know what software they used. I wondered if the Replay Catcher and Replay A/V is affected by my anti-virus (ZoneAlarm). but I see that many other users are having the same problem.

I'm sure I remember responding to you a couple days ago...can you double check the ticket number please?

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein