Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep getting partial download icon

Default Keep getting partial download icon

Hi, before purchasing Media Catcher, I tested it and it worked beautifully. Since registering it now, on some sites, keeps showing only the partial download icon which never seems to complete. On others, I get the ticked icon and can play the downloaded flv files. Please help me. Am I doing something wrong. I was able to download from this site before.. but now only get partial download icons.

I am a rather challenged newbie on such matters ... thanks in advance

Default Please...anyone have a tip??

Hi folks..does anyone have a tip please? Why do I only get a partial download icon instead of being able to download thye complete file? Cheers

Debbie McCormick Guest

Can you tell us what source you are having trouble recording from that I can test it here?

Default Yes..the source is Kelbytrainning.com

Yes...the source is www.Kelbytrainning.com
    I have a legitimate account to view the tutes, but unfortunately cannot always watch on-line. Need to be able to save it ... they acknowledge that you need to be a techie to download and save it in their FAQ.
    If you need to I could give yu details of the account to try via private email correspondence. You could also try the demo tues as theymay be streamed the same way... I think,
    Thanks Debbie...

David

Digital Booth,
    I simpathize with you. I'm new to This program and still having trouble finding answers. I have had a lot of incomplete recordings, too. Seem that 32,768 KB is the largest file I am able to record. I'm sure since I haven't found text saying anything about the lmit of a recorded file that this is an error. Are you have this type of trouble, too?
    As soon as I get the hang of posting and reading these files, I'll help you find your answers. Good luck.
    jsjohnston7

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBooth View Post
    Yes...the source is www.Kelbytrainning.com
    I have a legitimate account to view the tutes, but unfortunately cannot always watch on-line. Need to be able to save it ... they acknowledge that you need to be a techie to download and save it in their FAQ.
    If you need to I could give yu details of the account to try via private email correspondence. You could also try the demo tues as theymay be streamed the same way... I think,
    Thanks Debbie...

David
    the site only has one n and I tried it and did not have a problem but I also don't have an account so I just did their demo mode. Susi

Default Thanks for replies.

Thnaks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately while the deom tutes downloads fully at the Kelby site, the other member's tutes always ends up as partial downloads at about 30k. It's as if something has been done to cripple it so that you can only view it being streamed but not save it to disk. Shame, as having subscribed I wish I had the freedom to view the tutes without having to be online and without the stuttering that often accopanies the live stream. Thanks again. David

Thnaks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately while the deom tutes downloads fully at the Kelby site, the other member's tutes always ends up as partial downloads at about 30k. It's as if something has been done to cripple it so that you can only view it being streamed but not save it to disk. Shame, as having subscribed I wish I had the freedom to view the tutes without having to be online and without the stuttering that often accopanies the live stream. Thanks again. David
    Try the new Replay Media Catcher 2.20 which was released on May 1st. Read the user guide. Applian has very simple user guides.

Default Thank you but still no luck

Thank you but stil no luck ... can't get pass the 35k partail download limit.

Thank you but stil no luck ... can't get pass the 35k partail download limit.
    No neither can I...... Is this problem going anywhere? I am using version 2.3! Each time I capture it seems to capture a different amount of data each time but never the whole recording.

Thanks
    Last edited by kevinmo; 06-15-2008 at 07:44 AM.