Thread: Unable to connect to remote SlingBox. Please check FinderID or Address/Port and try again.

Default Unable to connect to remote SlingBox. Please check FinderID or Address/Port and try again.

I just bought a SlingBox. I spent a few hours setting up my router, and still couldn't get it working. So I contacted SlingBox support, and they got it working for me. I forwarded a port on my router, but forgot to do the same with my modem. I only mention this, because the tech from SlingBox took control and setup my router and modem. It works fine. I am using SlingPlayer v2.0.0.465

Then I installed the demo version of At-Large Recorder 2. I set up software trying both FinderID and Direct Connection. No matter which method I try to use I receive the following error when tryig to test setup:

Unable to connect to remote SlingBox.
    Please check FinderID or Address/Port and try again.

I would appreciate any suggestions to get this working.

Well, you never said what Slingbox your using and where your trying to connect from.

If your using the Pro-HD it won't work.

I am using SlingBox Solo. I am trying to connect from my "home" network - the same modem/router as the SlingBox is connected to. I have tried to connect on 2 computers - a desktop running XP sp2 and a laptop running Vista Home Premium. Both give the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by RonTPE View Post
    I am using SlingBox Solo. I am trying to connect from my "home" network - the same modem/router as the SlingBox is connected to. I have tried to connect on 2 computers - a desktop running XP sp2 and a laptop running Vista Home Premium. Both give the same error.
    Ok, your on your home network and can't connect to the slingbox on the same network.

I am confused here. Is Slingplayer working and At-Large Recorder is not or are both not working? I'm going with both not working below.

1) do you have a power & network light on the slingbox?
    2) The computer your using. Can you connect to your router or the outside world (ie the internet)?
    3) Are you using a wired or wireless setup?

I figured it out. I was trying to run At-Large at home on the same network as the SlingBox. That didn't work. Then I tried to run At-Large from a different network (from the SlingBox), and it worked GREAT! Problem Solved!

You can run them on the same network but you CAN'T run Slingplayer and AT-Large Recorder at the same time. Only one app can be logged into the Slingbox at a time.