PDA

View Full Version : YouTube videos captured twice in parallel

lesterw
11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
When I use Replay Media Catcher v3.0.0, it captures the video on many YouTube pages twice. The second capture will start almost in parallel with the first captur. And there were no page refreshes involved. It happens on about half of the YouTube pages I visit. And the program is capturing the SAME video twice (i.e., same exact content and not like a separate video).

I didn't see anything obvious in my settings. Any thoughts? :confused:

Jeff Lenney
11-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi Lester

Replay Media Catcher 3.01 does NOT make duplicate recordings of youtube, you should upgrade to it today to prevent this. Otherwise, you can always just delete the duplicate recording as it's recording, or once it's done. :)

Tasha Heinlein
11-19-2008, 09:17 PM
When I use Replay Media Catcher v3.0.0, it captures the video on many YouTube pages twice. The second capture will start almost in parallel with the first captur. And there were no page refreshes involved. It happens on about half of the YouTube pages I visit. And the program is capturing the SAME video twice (i.e., same exact content and not like a separate video).

I didn't see anything obvious in my settings. Any thoughts? :confused:

YouTube has started streaming some of their videos through Google Video, I believe that these are the videos Media Catcher is getting duplicates of. The developer is aware of this, and is working at getting a fix in place. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.