PDA

View Full Version : AV8 Worked, Now It Doesn't

Illbay
03-23-2008, 06:35 AM
I noticed sometime last week that, after having been installed and occasionally used on my HP laptop with WinXP Media Center 2005, AV8 has begun "freezing" at the point where I tell it to "begin recording something now."

The little "reminder" pop up comes up, and that's it, the program stops and has to be terminated.

I tried reinstalling, etc., no avail.

I'm stumped.:mad:

singerm
03-23-2008, 09:27 AM
I really have no idea what your problem is. You have not given enough symptoms but, where does a 500lb Gorilla sit? Anywhere it wants!

That's how Microsoft software reacts. M$ software always wants to be the school yard bully.

What I would look for is one of two things:
1. What software do you have associated with what extensions? That is, are two pieces of audio software attempting to run at the same time? Can you do <ctl+alt+del> then try reloading Replay AV and it run the second time? If it runs the second time, something is interfering with Replay AV.

2. There could be malware that is attacking your software. Start your system in safe mode, run all of your malware software, then reload in normal mode.

chetcope
03-29-2008, 08:50 AM
A long shot but try doing what technical had me do with Replay Media Capture (which would hang) this week. (Clear your serial & re-enter):
This tiny app lets choose the particular prpgram to clear:

Technical wrote:

http://www.applian.com/clear-code.php

"Please run the above for me. Reboot your system. Now it should ask for your Replay activation code. See if that makes a difference."

Chet

Illbay
04-13-2008, 08:09 AM
I really have no idea what your problem is. You have not given enough symptoms ...

With respect, I've described everything that happens.

I start the program, I select a function such as "capture audio or video stream," the "dialogue box" comes up, and I can't clear it, the program freezes, and I'm forced to end it.

If there were more to tell, I'd say so, but that's it.

FWIW, the problem now applies to my desktop computer as well, which up until recently had worked just fine. At this point, my investment in Replay A/V is completely wasted.

Illbay
04-13-2008, 08:10 AM
A long shot but try doing what technical had me do with Replay Media Capture (which would hang) this week. (Clear your serial & re-enter):
This tiny app lets choose the particular prpgram to clear:

Technical wrote:

http://www.applian.com/clear-code.php

"Please run the above for me. Reboot your system. Now it should ask for your Replay activation code. See if that makes a difference."

Chet

Thank you very much for the tip. I did as you said, and "reactivated" the program, to no avail.

It was worth a try, though. Thanks again.

Illbay
04-13-2008, 08:12 AM
IThere could be malware that is attacking your software. Start your system in safe mode, run all of your malware software, then reload in normal mode.

I assure you, as a certified NON-cretin, I haven't dealt with "malware" in many years. Most people this applies to are people who have no idea about computing and networking, just plug into their broadband internet directly with no firewall, no anti-malware protection, etc.

There is no malware. But thanks for playing.

J-Mac
06-22-2008, 11:49 AM
I know I am coming late to this thread, but I think that what singerm might have meant by "not enough symptoms" is actually "Not enough details". It is difficult to even try and guess at what is causing your problems without more detail as to the problem and your system.

For example:

What OS and version are you running?
What other recording software do you have installed that might be running processes in the background?
Anti-Virus? Anti-Spyware? Firewall? Do you have these installed and if so, which? Have you checked their settings?
What browser are you using to access the Internet?
What is the type and speed of your Internet connection?

It is very likely that another audio/video application is grabbing a driver/DLL to which Replay AV needs access. E.g., Nero and Roxio often take over all aspects of A/V recording/playing on a computer, making it difficult for other applications to work.

Just my opinion, anyway! :p

Jim

Cheryl Wester
07-01-2008, 06:55 PM
If you are still having an issue with this please contact tech support. They will want to see your log file and check out a few things to get you up and running.