PDA

View Full Version : ffmpeg.exe Error

Kayelle
11-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi,

I have replay converter which I just installed (v3.20) and I am having trouble converting .3gp video files from my mobile phone (that are stored on my computers harddrive). I have tried a different type of file conversion (ie. .mgp to .avi) and it worked perfectly, but when I try and convert the .3gp files I get the following error message:

"ffmpeg.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have the option to report the error, and when I close that window, replay converter says the conversion is "done" and a file is produced but there is no actual video in that file (usually on a few kbs in size). This happens no matter what the output format I choose.

I am running Windows XP, have 2gb Ram installed. The antivirus program I am running is avast!. Disabling this seems to make no difference.

Please help as I really want to get these files converted into .avi!!

Cheryl Wester
11-18-2008, 07:06 AM
There are a few streams out that our program is not able to convert. It has to do with codecs that they use. When you get the ffmpeg error that is usually the case, I'm afraid. If you want further assistance with this issue please contact tech support with detailed information. Thanks.

Kayelle
11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
There are a few streams out that our program is not able to convert. It has to do with codecs that they use. When you get the ffmpeg error that is usually the case, I'm afraid. If you want further assistance with this issue please contact tech support with detailed information. Thanks.

Ohhhh ok.... I will do that, thanks!

I was assuming they would work, as they were able to convert with the Demo version of 2.8 (I think it was).

jennyj
11-28-2008, 03:12 AM
My OS is Windows XP pro SP3 (also I have the same problem with windows Vista SP1), installed Replay Conventer 3.2 (demo version).

I have the .flv files (http://www.mysoju.com/yi-san/) and tried to converter to .avi files. After I clicked on "go" for converting the file, I got the message "ffmpeg.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have the option to report the error, and when I close that window, the progress window of the Replay Converter was closed and a file with a 10 to 28 kbs in size is produced but there is no actual video in that file. This happens no matter what the output format I choose.
Then, I did right-click on the file in the file list window and selected 'troubleshoot'... and wait for a few minutes, and then try the conversion again. I heard some process sound, but then I got the same error message.

I have noticed that some of .flv files are converted well that I downloaded from other site. I knew this is an application with the data/codec problem.

Actually, I had a converter problem with these files in another application that I bought from other company. They were not able to solve my problem and they have given me the full amount refund of my money. I really want to have a good application that I can easily create my own DVD and watch it on my TV. Could you please help me on this?

Thank you very much in advance!