PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little disappointed w/Replay Media Center

MatthewC1000
11-16-2008, 03:24 PM
First off, I wanna state that Replay Programs are awesome! I purchased
the whole Replay Suite...almost a year ago and, I'm very pleased! But, now,
Replay Media Catcher just isn't working on some sites...some sites (I assume)
are somewhat probing & blocking streams from being downloaded...now, It has been weeks and, no update has been issued since the Hulu issue resolved plugin update...Since Adobe Flash now is 10. So, here's what baffles me...I have tried another app that's very similar to RMC but, not the same...this 3rd Party Application (http://www.Jaksta.com) actually works on on about any site I can think off...(even sites that give me Remote Host Closed issues) ...sorry for mentioning another app I just don't know why, RMC seems to be failing to capture streams of some sites, well thank you for taking the time reading...

Kind Regards.

Edit # 2: whoops, I put Center instead of Catcher I apologize...:( and, your right, Tasha some fits better :)

Sorry, could only download a partial RTMP stream
Media was saved anyway:
C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\My Documents\My Recordings\specials_dunham_xmas_trailer_240_940344 91.flv
Exception:
m_nErrType = 6
m_strDesc = "recv() amf chunk failed"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 731

Tasha Heinlein
11-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Media Catcher works great with so many sites. Yes sites are constantly changing their streaming methods and we try to stay on top of these as best we can. Sometimes Media Catcher isn't the best program for the site you may be trying to use it with. For a list of some major sites and the programs we recommend to record them please click here:

http://applian.com/recording_solutions/index.php

The major site that I am aware of that isn't working at this time is Comedy Central, and the few sites that stream their videos from here. I know you submitted an adult site that you were having problems with as well. I assure you that the developer is aware of this and is working at getting a fix in place. But I think that "not working with most sites" is a little extreme :)

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.