PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 Not Converting

bomasa
11-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Have installed Replay AV 8.5, and Converter 3.2. What am I missing? With the previous versions, conversions started immediately after the recording ended. Now, no conversions occur.
Further, even if I open Convert/Transfer from the show's right-click menu, the converter opens, and tells me it will start in the background in a few seconds, bit it never does. The only way I can convert files is to open the stand-alone converter, import the files and convert. That works.

Bu the way, do you ever reply to questions submitted through your web site support emails process?

Cheryl Wester
11-15-2008, 11:22 AM
We pride ourselves on our tech support and in responding to tickets in a timely manner. Please send me a ticket number by private message and I will see what happened to your ticket. Thanks. Did you get a response back saying that you would hear from us soon? If you didn't your ticket probably didn't make it to us-or check your junk email.

We have an upate to 8.5 that we just uploaded this morning. Please give it a try and it should do your conversion for you.

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

If you still have a problem contact tech support with the detailed information we will need to assist you.

fistula
11-21-2008, 06:16 AM
I updated from 8.4x to 8.5 and then saw i had to upgrade my replay converter to 3.x to get it to work with Replay AV 8.5 so I spent the $10 to upgrade that.

I ran into this same problem you did, so as a fix i updated to 8.53 and now it says i Need to spend another $10 for the new version of Replay AV...so im back to a demo version of replay av unless i downgrade and if i have to do that then i wasted $10 on the converter upgrade that i bought ONLY so i could use it with 8.5 which coincidentally was bugged and wouldnt do the conversions.

something doesn't seem right here...i emailed support 2 days ago and didnt hear back so i figured i would post here.

Cheryl Wester
11-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi

Please send me a private message if you haven't heard back with your email info you used to purchase it. I will make sure you get the correct code if one hasn't been issued already. Thanks.

Josh
11-23-2008, 02:47 AM
Just bought the "capture" pack after trying your demo and finding it very useful. however, now I can;t seem to be able to find the files that media catcher has saved, xcept for in the window proper, which can't be dragged into the converter. When i try to add files cant find the files saved by Media Catcher in my documents. On the log it reads:
[[FONT="Arial"][LIST]
B]]Sun Nov 23 3:52:25 AM [mp3 @ 0x99aa10]Could not find codec parameters (Audio: mp1, s16, 32 kb/s)
C:\Program Files\Replay Media Catcher\MediaCatcher.exe: could not find codec parameters

Sun Nov 23 3:52:25 AM The operation completed successfully.[/B[/B]]

May be it was successfull, but I wouldn;t know where to find it. pls help!

Cheryl Wester
11-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Go to your Tools-settings. At the top is where you have saved your file. You will know if it was a successful file as when it is finished recording it you have a green check mark to the left of the file name. Also, are you able to play back the file from Media Catcher? If not let us know. Thanks.

Heinrich52
11-28-2008, 05:24 AM
I'm also getting problems since I upgraded to 8.5 and Converter 3.
As it tries to convert radio stream ASF to MP3 following a recording Converter crashes. If I try to manually convert file, it fails and the log states " could not find codec parameters".
I've entered a ticket, but has anyone else had the problem and found a fix?
I've re-installed, but no difference. The older version never had a problem! :(

beagle249
11-29-2008, 09:48 PM
At first upgrading to A/V 8.52 fixed the auto conversation issue, but after using it a few days it is back to not converting files. I noticed within AV8, in the Tools menu, Converter will not open. I can only open Converter 3 outside AV8 and convert from there.

Jim Foster
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Have installed Replay AV 8.5, and Converter 3.2. What am I missing? With the previous versions, conversions started immediately after the recording ended. Now, no conversions occur.
Further, even if I open Convert/Transfer from the show's right-click menu, the converter opens, and tells me it will start in the background in a few seconds, bit it never does. The only way I can convert files is to open the stand-alone converter, import the files and convert. That works.

Bu the way, do you ever reply to questions submitted through your web site support emails process?

I think I am having the same problem as bomasa. The converter won't work automatically after a program ends. I get a message that the converter has stopped working. I can do it manually by opening the converter, locating the file, converting it and then importing it to itunes. What a pain in the backside!! How can I fix this? Thanks.

daveg_1
12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I am now having the same problem. I upgraded to replay 8.52 and replay converter 3.2 a few weeks ago and everything has been fine until today (Monday). I recorded a show yesterday and it converted fine but now converter crashes every time converting directly from 8.52.

Most of the shows I record are through the night (in the US) and I like it recorded, converted and imported to iTunes so I'm ready to listen as soon as I get to work. I don't want to have to get up extra early to convert the files manually.

Is there a fix available?

Cheryl Wester
12-01-2008, 05:43 PM
It should now be working for you. The developer has corrected the issue. Thanks for your patience while this was fixed.

Jim Foster
12-02-2008, 04:17 AM
I think I am having the same problem as bomasa. The converter won't work automatically after a program ends. I get a message that the converter has stopped working. I can do it manually by opening the converter, locating the file, converting it and then importing it to itunes. What a pain in the backside!! How can I fix this? Thanks.

Mine seems to be working now. I suspect the problem was with our old friend Windows Vista.

beagle249
12-03-2008, 07:57 PM
By working now...does that mean we are supposed to download an update to the program?