PDA

View Full Version : .FLV files

jkorchok
03-21-2008, 08:42 AM
I am working on Windows XP SP2 with Media Catcher 2.10D and Replay Convertor 2.80. I can capture an .flv file from from YouTube, the file name does end with ".flv" and it replays fine in Falsh Video Player.
When I try to convert it in Replay Convertor, I can't convert it to anything. The program thinks for a few seconds and invariably comes back with a dialog "0 of 1 files converted". I have read all the tech support documents and I have tried toggling Direct Show on and off for FLV, that doesn't help.
For what it's worth, I also posted today in the audio capture forum about AV8 not converting to any format from .asf. I'm coming to the conclusion that Replay Convertor is completely non-functional on my system.

lucid
03-23-2008, 02:03 PM
FLV conversion 0 of 1 converted -- that's the msg I'm getting when I try to convert. I looked at the log.

I've tried several target formats with no success. I checked out that, yes, the program's advertised capabilities are to convert .flv files. So far, no joy.

lucid
03-23-2008, 02:48 PM
So, that's my experience. The converter converts nothing. Not avi > avi or anything else.

Disappointed.

Debbie McCormick
03-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Have you tried Replay Converter 3 beta yet?

You can download it here:

http://www.applian.com/files/RCSetup300.exe

Also, Please try changing the direct show settings for the type of file that you are converting from. Here’s how to do this in Replay Converter 2:
1. Click on Options.
2. If your conversion is a video file, click on the “Video Conversion Options” button. If your conversion is an audio only file click on the “Audio Conversions Options” button.
3. In the Direct Show options dialog box that opens next, find the file format of the original file that you are converting FROM. If Direct Show for that format is not checked, please check it. If it is already checked, then please uncheck it. If you are unable to find the format of the original file you are converting in the options, then either check or uncheck the "Other" check box.
4. Try your conversion again.

If you continue to have trouble I would suggest submitting a tech support ticket along with your log file.

kazakov
12-06-2008, 06:50 AM
I have had an on going problem of WMR 12.1/WMC2.1 not always recording flv files that will convert to any format.

Sometimes when I record online, I will notice in the recording window, it will say get_video.flv; These files will convert to a recordable format.
When it does not record to a convertable format, the recording window will say 'video [#].flv 'as it is recording.
When I go to WMConverter, if I toggle <input files>, <all files>, the files tha work 'get_video.flv', have a companion file of a different type.
The ones that are labled 'video [#].flv' appear as an flv file without the companion file.
So, when I try to convert, it will attempt to do two passes and then it will display 'converting codexs', then an 'ERROR' sign.
These flv files will play in recorder with no problem.

More troubling, I accidentally erased a folder of movies, and when I returned to the site I originally downloaded from, I could not record what I had been able to before because of the inability to get the 'get_video.flv', the convertible format to appear.--this tells me this is a 'fixable' problem.

Is there something I have to delete from my cache via the converter package or WindowsXP, my OS?
I use Firefox, but also IE does not work either in this case.
I also tried different methods of recording and they did not help.

Why do I get the feeeling I wont hear from support?
ticket 736EC2

AGLloyd
12-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I am working on Windows XP SP2 with Media Catcher 2.10D and Replay Convertor 2.80. I can capture an .flv file from from YouTube, the file name does end with ".flv" and it replays fine in Falsh Video Player.
<snip>

Same for me with XP SP2 Media Catcher 3 & Converter 3. Recording from BBC iPlayer I get a good .flv which plays OK in Flash Video Player. I haven't tried _all_ conversions but haven't hit on one which works (and I'm not sure which one to use to get a TV-playable DVD anyway).

Sometimes using Converter make an .MOV with a very small file (300Kb) which is "converted" much too quickly to be real. Then converting to DVD PAL gives me one image with what could be red text on black but too small & anti-aliassed to read. If I try to go from .flv to DVD-PAL I get a good coaster, with a short track of what looks like a total over-burn (no reflection from the tracks, just red-oxide appearance).

I'm not even sure what conversion (or any) I should be doing to get a TV-playable DVD of the programme.

Alan Lloyd

Cheryl Wester
12-08-2008, 09:30 PM
If you are having an issue converting a file please contact tech support regarding this issue. We need more details than you can provide in this forum. We answer most tickets within 24 hours of it being submitted. We would need both your log file and the format you are trying to convert to and from. Thanks.

This is not a forum for WM Products at this time. If you do have an issue with a WM product please contact there tech support and they will respond. Thanks.