PDA

View Full Version : replay a/v 8 blocks other apps

byodasa
11-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Since installing Replay A/V 8.44 I've encountered the following phenomenon. My accounting app (Peachtree) won't start nor will PC Anywhere until I kill Replay A/V. I can then start either or both apps, restart Replay, and all is fine. When this problem occurs, if I check Task Manager, the apps are listed as running but neither app control window is visible. Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP Pro sp3 on a Dell Optiplex and this did not occur previously with Replay Radio.

Cheryl Wester
11-14-2008, 09:21 AM
This is not an issue I have heard of before. Make sure all of the programs are allowed in the DEP and also in your firewall. See if that makes a difference. Another suggestion is to reinstall our program and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

bomasa
11-14-2008, 11:43 PM
After installing 8.5, I can not open Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0. Once I exit Replay AV, PSE works fine. How about a fix, Tech People?
Please?:(

bomasa
11-15-2008, 07:16 AM
It is now blicking Ad-Aware 2008!:mad:

Cheryl Wester
11-15-2008, 11:19 AM
I do have PhotoShot Elements and that has not affected the program at all. Is it blocking it when it is recording or when it is in the task bar. Also, make sure you allow the programs in your DEP to see if that makes a difference.

On Windows Vista, or in some cases with XP, the Data Execution Prevention feature of Windows causes Replay A/V and other programs to crash.

Here's how you can turn off Data Execution Prevention:

Click Start.
Select Control Panel
Double click System
Click the Advanced tab
In the Performance region select Settings
Click the Data Execution Prevention tab
Select Turn on DEP essential Windows Programs and Services only
Click OK
Reboot

If you continue have an issue please contact tech support with all the specifics. Thanks.

bomasa
11-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for replying, Cheryl. Im in XP and the DEP was already set as you suggest. When 8.5 is in the system tray it causes the conflict. I have to shut it down completely to be able to open either PSE or AdAware.

I'll send this to support.

byodasa
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi Cheryl - similarly to Bomasa I am using XP & DEP was set as you described. Also similarly to Bomasa, the 2 apps I'm having trouble with won't open (on screen) if Replay is in the tray. If I shutdown Replay, I can open either or both of my apps and then open Replay and everybody plays nice. Anu other ideas?

byodasa
11-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I do have PhotoShot Elements and that has not affected the program at all. Is it blocking it when it is recording or when it is in the task bar. Also, make sure you allow the programs in your DEP to see if that makes a difference.

On Windows Vista, or in some cases with XP, the Data Execution Prevention feature of Windows causes Replay A/V and other programs to crash.

Here's how you can turn off Data Execution Prevention:

Click Start.
Select Control Panel
Double click System
Click the Advanced tab
In the Performance region select Settings
Click the Data Execution Prevention tab
Select Turn on DEP essential Windows Programs and Services only
Click OK
Reboot

If you continue have an issue please contact tech support with all the specifics. Thanks.
any other ideas?