PDA

View Full Version : Gracenote Not Recording Artist

CyberSprocketLabs
03-19-2008, 06:09 PM
V 3.20 02-08-2008 is only loading the title & genre. Album is always set to "Replay Music" (my default folder name for saving recordings) and the artist is ALWAYS blank.

The log file shows that Gracenote appears to be gathering artist & album data for *most* songs, but they are not loading into RM3 properly.

Is there any easy way to have Gracenote "re-evaluate" the recordings & auto-populate the info?

Not having the artist makes it difficult to locate the songs I like well enough to purchase on YME or iTunes. Not having the album means the iPhone displays a generic v. specific album cover, which believe it or not is a useful feature for quick-scanning of a playlist.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Illbay
03-24-2008, 03:02 PM

I'm not sure if this is the problem you're having, but you can set RM to tag the files according to certain criteria. If you go to "Settings" you should be able to find it. For instance, I use the tagging string %A-$a-$T-$t (from memory, at least), which will give me the Artist, album name, track number and track name separated by "dashes".

I too would like to know if there's some way to get RM to "reprocess" tracks, though. For one thing, I can't find any sort of standalone app that will ID individual tracks like RM/Gracenote can do. A neat (and free) application called "MP3 Book Helper" will do entire albums, but NOT individual songs, using the "Freenote" database.

Mike Christensen
03-25-2008, 03:31 PM
V 3.20 02-08-2008 is only loading the title & genre. Album is always set to "Replay Music" (my default folder name for saving recordings) and the artist is ALWAYS blank.

The log file shows that Gracenote appears to be gathering artist & album data for *most* songs, but they are not loading into RM3 properly.

Is there any easy way to have Gracenote "re-evaluate" the recordings & auto-populate the info?

Not having the artist makes it difficult to locate the songs I like well enough to purchase on YME or iTunes. Not having the album means the iPhone displays a generic v. specific album cover, which believe it or not is a useful feature for quick-scanning of a playlist.

In Replay Music when you click the "Start Recording" button, make sure when the "Start Recording Session" dialog box appears that you don't have the "Always tag with Album name above" check box checked, otherwise the album name will always be tagged as what is in the "Album" textbox which would be "Replay Music" by default.

Just to let you know, we are planning on working on a new program that will fix or add tags to MP3 files that may have incorrect or incomplete tags.

Regards,
Mike Christensen