PDA

View Full Version : Fragmented audio streams

ronayotte
11-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Many of my downloads are broken into useless 2 or 3 minute fragments. Is this unusual?
I have a high speed connection behind a router.

Ron

rstaton
11-19-2008, 02:27 AM
I have been getting the same problem for a long time. I know that my ISP has frequent interruptions to the data stream, usually lasting about 2-5 seconds. I was hoping I could find a setting I could change that would allow for such interruptions without losing the stream and starting a new file. I try recording talk radio shows, but the files get split into about 100 pieces which add up to about 1/3 of the show.

I don't have a solution, I'm just saying there's more than one person with this issue. I would like to know whether there's a software fix, or if I need a better ISP. (I'm using sbcglobal DSL.)

dr3d
12-01-2008, 03:55 PM
yeah i been getting the same thing w/ my Sirius captures .... 2-4 segments over a couple of hours .. pretty annoying .. more-so when a 3 hour capture converts into a 90 second MP3 and the cap file is dumped.. argh ..

I wanna like this program but ...... i think it's got problemos

Cheryl Wester
12-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Sometimes when capturing live streams, there are gaps in the transmission -- this is why the splits occurred. Here's some ways to handle this:

1) Try increasing the Stream Capture Time Out setting. This is located under Replay A/V's Main Settings, under the Tuning tab.

2) Use Audio Recording instead -- it's not as clean as Stream Capture, but you'll get a continuous recording.

This could also be caused by a glitch in your system, a glitch in your Internet, or with the server on the other end. Often just deleting the show and adding it again will correct the issue for you.

Javor
12-10-2008, 04:13 PM
I had the same problem and tried everything with no success. Finally I bypassed the wireless router and connected the computer directly to the modem with an Ethernet cable. It solved the problem perfectly.

I'd like to see this subject discussed here. Please tell if you find a router that can be used for capturing live streams without performance degradation.