PDA

View Full Version : Relay A/V not detecting my internet connection PLZ HELP!

iweberdudei
11-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi there.
I just bought, downloaded and installed relay AV 8. I have had no luck with it. Zero. It seems to not find an internet connection.
Well, I have high speed internet connection via Verizon wireless air card.
My computer is a Windows XP with lots of ram.

I tried turning off my Windows firewall completely, to which it says is very dangerous to do that. But I did it. Nothing worked. I still get the error message:

NO NETWORK ACTIVITY WAS DETECTED ON ANY AVAILABLE NETOWRK .....PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LIVE INTERNET CONNECTION AND THAT REPLAY A/V IS NOT BEING BLOCKED BY A FIREWALL

So , are there any other suggestions I can do? ive been trying to fix this for hours on end....Sure would like to enjoy this application that I recently purchased. thanks....
jimmy maddox
texas :)

MatthewC1000
11-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi there.
I just bought, downloaded and installed relay AV 8. I have had no luck with it. Zero. It seems to not find an internet connection.
Well, I have high speed internet connection via Verizon wireless air card.
My computer is a Windows XP with lots of ram.

I tried turning off my Windows firewall completely, to which it says is very dangerous to do that. But I did it. Nothing worked. I still get the error message:

NO NETWORK ACTIVITY WAS DETECTED ON ANY AVAILABLE NETOWRK .....PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LIVE INTERNET CONNECTION AND THAT REPLAY A/V IS NOT BEING BLOCKED BY A FIREWALL

So , are there any other suggestions I can do? ive been trying to fix this for hours on end....Sure would like to enjoy this application that I recently purchased. thanks....
jimmy maddox
texas :)

Make sure Replay AV is not on your blocked list.
>Control Panel>Network Connections>Right click on the Local Area Connection...your internet is connected to>click on Advanced TAB>Settings
You can turn on your firewall
>Exceptions...add program navigate to the C:\Program Files\Replay AV 8 folder and, select The Replay AV.exe if that does not work...try Lauching
Replay AV 8 go to "file" then, "settings" then go to connections "if you on dialup, then follow the suggestions on that tab.

Kind Regards.

melanchete
11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I believe that this was covered in a different thread. It will not work hooked straight to a laptop. If you had something like a EV-DO router, then you are in business.

Take a look at:

DIR-450 > 3G Mobile Router for EV-DO Networks

http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=1&pid=524

Cheryl Wester
11-08-2008, 12:23 AM
You are correct, it will not recognize a wireless card unless the card is in a router. I use my Sprint card as my primary Internet due to living in the sticks and it works great with a router I purchased from Sprint. You would be able to record shows that are in the Media Guide but not shows you need to find a URL for. Thanks.

iweberdudei
11-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I believe that this was covered in a different thread. It will not work hooked straight to a laptop. If you had something like a EV-DO router, then you are in business.

Take a look at:

DIR-450 > 3G Mobile Router for EV-DO Networks

http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=1&pid=524

THis is a DESK TOP.....with a USB air card....

iweberdudei
11-08-2008, 07:27 PM
You are correct, it will not recognize a wireless card unless the card is in a router. I use my Sprint card as my primary Internet due to living in the sticks and it works great with a router I purchased from Sprint. You would be able to record shows that are in the Media Guide but not shows you need to find a URL for. Thanks.

OK , so my wireless card is plugged into my DESK TOP computer via USB. So what you are saying is I need a router? Like a USB router? Because I might have an old one laying around here...its for multiple computer hookups. would that work or is it a router that I would have to purchase somewhere?

Thanks for yr reply
JIMMY

melanchete
11-09-2008, 03:45 AM
OK , so my wireless card is plugged into my DESK TOP computer via USB. So what you are saying is I need a router? Like a USB router? Because I might have an old one laying around here...its for multiple computer hookups. would that work or is it a router that I would have to purchase somewhere?

Thanks for yr reply
JIMMY

Please check with your 3G provider for a recommendation for a router that will allow 3G the the USB port.

iweberdudei
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
yes, thats exactly what I have...a 3G USB air card. So If I get a router to plug my G3 aircard into , then it shuld work eh? Then I can record off sites such as Youtube. Well thanks everyone for the feedbacks.

melanchete
11-09-2008, 02:44 PM
yes, thats exactly what I have...a 3G USB air card. So If I get a router to plug my G3 aircard into , then it shuld work eh? Then I can record off sites such as Youtube. Well thanks everyone for the feedbacks.

You bet. Contact your 3G provider, and follow their recommendation. I set these up for Government projects.