PDA

View Full Version : Version 5.30 and Flash Nag Screen

jakski
10-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I just downloaded and installed the 5.30 version. the program ran OK, no different than the previous 5.05. However, every time Replay Music is activated, the Appian Flash internet link is activated and the Flash info appears in a separate window which completely covers up the basic Replay Music application. The constant reappearance of Appian Flash is unncassary and very annoying. I could not find any way to disable the Flash link. I finally uninstalled 5.3 and went back to 5.05. I did not have any previous Flash problems and hopefully Appian can come up with a fix for the 5.30 Flash nag screen.

Cheryl Wester
10-19-2012, 05:58 PM
It is suggesting you use a different version of flash. If you don't wish to then use the WIN AUDIO DRIVEr and select to use use our browser. Thanks.

Scubasa1
10-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Like Cheryl suggests, I have just gone back to the previous Flash and all is well with 5.30 and the Audio Driver.
Like the new browser link if you require it and the option to turn it off.
Still would like an option to have a sticky window, so that it opens in the the last place you left it, also a paste feature with the mouse when starting a recording session.
Hope you will include a link to itunes button in the window in a future update.
But 5.30 is working just fine for what it is intended.
Thanks Cheryl.
Steve

Scubasa1
10-20-2012, 03:24 AM
October 16, 2012

Replay Music -5.30

- Added a customized browser ideal when recording with the "Audio Driver".
- Added a "Record from Browser" setting which allows a user to either select the Replay Music customized browser or the user's default browser.
- If the "Record from Browser" setting is selected Replay Music will automatically check if any other browsers are open, and if not will automatically open the user's preferred browser. This ensures that Replay Music is opened before a browser and allow the "Audio Driver" to work properly.
- When the browser is opened, Replay Music now checks to make sure that a compatible Flash version is installed for the "Audio Driver". And if not, Replay Music will direct the user to the proper place to install it.
- Fixed some registration bugs.

jakski
10-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Cheryl,
I tried your suggestions (selected win audio driver, checked box - record from browser, selected - record from replay music browser) and still experienced flash nag screens. However, I was able to eliminate the nag screen by using the win audio driver and deselecting the record from browser. It appears this change caused Replay Music to default to the RM browser?? Anyway, the software with these settings works and records fine for my applications.

FYI - You should be aware that my internet security software and probably others routinely scans my software for known vulnerabilities. Flash is always an issue. If I use an older Flash version with a confirmed vulnerability, I'll end up with another nag screen informing me to update Flash.

Thanks for all the feedback

AndrewW
10-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Why not get the program to work with latest version of flash.
5.20 had the same issue.
Not much point in such a minimalist and annoying upgrade.
Better to leave it a year and release a really good version that doesn't irritate the heck out of people.

AndrewW
10-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Why not get the program to work with latest version of flash.
5.20 had the same issue.
Not much point in such a minimalist and annoying upgrade.
Better to leave it a year and release a really good version that doesn't irritate the heck out of people.

And as I said in another post, it is just the same old non sizeable window as well.

And what's the problem with Chrome?

Cheryl Wester
10-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Technology changes. This is giving people the opportunity to use the audio driver if they wish. You are able to use the WIn AUDIO DRIVER even with Chrome. Chrome has some protection settings that prevent recording audo using the Audio Driver