PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV pop-up problem

bblackmoor
11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Ever since updating to Replay AV 8.51, I have to be in front of my computer while a show is downloading, or else an "update is available" pop-up prevents the conversion from continuing. From reading over in the Replay Converter topic, I see that this has something to do with an update of Replay Converter, which is supposed to be part of Replay AV. The end of that thread said that you removed the pop-up.

I went back and looked at the ReplayAV download page again, because your forums say that you removed this annoying pop-up. Two things. First, you haven't removed the pop-up. I have the version on the Replay AV download page, and the pop-up interrupts the conversion procress every few minutes. Second, the blurb "attention existing customers" makes no sense. It says Replay Converter is included in Replay AV (which it should be). Then it goes on to say that it costs extra. How can it be included *and* cost extra? That makes no sense. Replay AV is supposed to INCLUDE the converter so you can actually listen to what you download-- that's kind of the POINT of Replay AV, don't you think?

Please figure out what the heck is supposed to be happening, and make it happen. If I have to pay for the upgrade from Replay AV 8 to Replay AV 8.51, I will live with it. What I can't live with is this infernal pop-up that keeps Replay AV from doing what I bought it to do.

bblackmoor
11-07-2008, 06:58 AM
I have decided to buy Replay Converter separately so that I can keep recording my wife's radio shows. However, I think it is important for you guys to know that this WILL LOSE YOU CUSTOMERS. Not everyone is as easy-going about this as I am. Replay AV says that it INCLUDES Replay Converter. Most people who spend $50 on Replay AV only to discover that the version of Replay Converter included with Replay AV is just a demo and that they will need to pay MORE MONEY to BUY Replay Converter are going to be pretty angry about it. I am not happy about it, but I use Replay AV to make my wife happy, and that is more important to me than your deceptive advertising.

However, I won't be buying anything else from you, because I can no longer trust what your advertising says. For example, your Download page says that Replay Capture Suite includes Replay Video Capture. Will I discover after buying Replay Capture Suite that the included version of Replay Video Capture is actually a demo, requiring a separate purchase? In fact, why would I believe that it includes ANY of the other software that it says it includes? Your advertising has lied to me once. Why should I ever believe it again?

So, yes, you have my $10 to buy the separate license for Replay Converter, but you have lost my trust.

bblackmoor
11-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I purchased the separate license for Replay Converter and entered it in the program... and now Replay AV is not converting my downloaded audio files at all. No error, no dialog, no conversion, no nothing.

Suggestions?

Cheryl Wester
11-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi

Please reinstall the program for me. If you continue to have a problem contact tech support so we can take a look at your log file and get more information from you.

bblackmoor
11-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Please reinstall the program for me.

I have gone back to Replay AV 8.4 for now, per your tech support's instructions. When you guys figure out what the heck is going on with 8.5, I will try it again (8.6, maybe?).

You should start by deciding what is and is not included in Replay AV, and whether the upgrade does or does not cost anything.