PDA

View Full Version : ComedyCentral has banned Replay Media Catcher!!

xpgene
11-06-2008, 09:44 AM
ComedyCentral has banned Replay Media Catcher!!
from now on,
if u try to download the clip from ComedyCentral in RTMP protocol with Replay Media Catcher,
Replay Media Catcher will pause with a warning like"
Sorry, could only download a partial RTMP stream
Media was saved anyway:
xxxx
Exception:
m_nErrType = 6
m_strDesc = "Connection was closed by remote host"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 731
"

I wonder if it's because Replay Media Catcher sends its own identifier or ComedyCentral 's Flash Media Server sends back some info which Replay Media Catcher fails to response correctly?

Anyway,hope it can be solved by the next time's rtmp update.

MatthewC1000
11-06-2008, 11:34 AM
ComedyCentral has banned Replay Media Catcher!!
from now on,
if u try to download the clip from ComedyCentral in RTMP protocol with Replay Media Catcher,
Replay Media Catcher will pause with a warning like"
Sorry, could only download a partial RTMP stream
Media was saved anyway:
xxxx
Exception:
m_nErrType = 6
m_strDesc = "Connection was closed by remote host"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 731
"

I wonder if it's because Replay Media Catcher sends its own identifier or ComedyCentral 's Flash Media Server sends back some info which Replay Media Catcher fails to response correctly?

Anyway,hope it can be solved by the next time's rtmp update.

Here is a temporary solution resort 'till Applian creates/updates a fix:
download: TuneCab Online Video Catcher ...use google its your friend...
:D it has a 1 minute download video trial which only downloads 1 minute of the video. So, buying it "IF" you like it would be what you want.
BTW, I tried that app and, it does seem to work...(I'm not a big comedy central fan)

Kind Regards.

lnh
11-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Same here. The Daily Showed recorded last week, but no more. I don't get the exact same error as above. It just records a second or two and then stops. Eventually it shows the recording with a broken icon.

MatthewC1000
11-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Same here. The Daily Showed recorded last week, but no more. I don't get the exact same error as above. It just records a second or two and then stops. Eventually it shows the recording with a broken icon.

Yeah...Applian is gonna have some updating to do...:D to keep up with the Adobe's new War.. :cool:

flvrecor3r
11-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah...Applian is gonna have some updating to do... to keep up with the Adobe's new War..
I think it is worth mentioning the content providers are responsible for the difficulties in making fair use recordings. This has is nothing to do with Adobe.

There are dozens of providers of servers and technologies to deliver RTMP multi-media for Flash players, including some open source projects.

Should Comedy Central switch overnight to Real Media or Silverlight, this doesn't make it Real Network's or Microsoft's war. It is still the content provider Viacom/Comedy Central disabusing its own audience.

For me, there are thousands of Internet sites and content providers with fantastic, entertaining multimedia. If Comedy Central continues to make its content increasingly troublesome to for me view, they are welcome to disappear entirely. I will really really miss them for the first week or so.

Tasha Heinlein
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Media Catcher has stopped working with Comedy Central, and the ColbertNation site - which streams it's videos from Comedy Central. Thanks for being on top of things and letting us know that there was a problem. The developer is looking into it as we speak.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

catcherlover
11-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I just bought the product two days ago! And my first attempt to catch the Comedy Central videos failed! John Stewart and Colbert - I still cannot save my favorite videos!

Please, work on the workaround! I agree - the war is awful!

cybpsy
11-09-2008, 04:56 AM
I also can't get South Park from comedy central from here http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/ :( What should I do? A week ago everything was fine.

MatthewC1000
11-09-2008, 05:09 AM
I also can't get South Park from comedy central from here http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/ :( What should I do? A week ago everything was fine.
Sorry...you have heard that some good things come to an end but, don't worry! Applian is working for a resolution to the protected FLV flash issue
so, there is always hope. BTW, NO PROGRAM works on the comedy central website...:mad: It just doesnt work!

However, I found a fix to your issue..you wanted to download South Park Videos? You got it: Watch South Park Episodes on TV Sitcoms (http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/southpark.php)

Kind Regards.