PDA

View Full Version : What is the perfect settings for recording from Spotify??

Fredolin
10-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I have used almost all weekend trying to solve this out. I am FRUSTRATED over the tons of songs, that i record with half a second missing in the beginning!!
Why doesnīt everybody have a problem with this?? If i re-record 4 or 5 times, then i can get a good recording, but i donīt have/want to spend so much time on this.
Sometimes it takes 4-5 hours to record an album!!
So help me please......how can i get perfect recordings?? What is the perfect setting??
This is driving me nuts. I am not ready to skip the program, because the sound recordings is very good.

Thanks very much in advance for inputs.

Cheryl Wester
10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
It sounds like you need to adjust the volume on your program. Go into the settings and make it a little lower. This should help you pick up the beginning. Each computer and system is different so you will need to experiment.

Fredolin
10-07-2012, 01:12 PM
It doesnīt help to lower the volume either.....But maybe i have set the volume cut-off wrong now. I have changed the settings so many times now, so maybe i should go back to default.

Fredolin
10-07-2012, 01:14 PM
It doesnīt help to lower the volume either.....But maybe i have set the volume cut-off wrong now. I have changed the settings so many times now, so I am about to give up.....

Cheryl Wester
10-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Do go to the default and then experiment with it.

Scubasa1
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Hi,
I also put a silence MP3 in front of each song, RM then picks up the start of every song I record.
Thr Silence MP3 is about 5 seconds and can be found in Program Files, Replay Music.
I create a copy and place it where it is convenient to use, then I just drag it into the Spotify program where I want the silences.
Give it a go, we can only suggest and try them.
I place the silences between each track as well and RM records ans splits perfectly.
I use Spotify Unlimited so I don't worry about Ads, then my settings are Vol Level cutoff 500 default, split track 10 seconds and Milliseconds silence 3000 for tbetween tracks.
This works for me but like Cheryl says, each machine is different.
Steve

Fredolin
10-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Hi Scubasa1

Thanks for your input. I can see that there are several threads about this, and i donīt think that anybody can say, that the beginning of each track is perfect every time!! I have tried on three different pcīs, with almost the same result.

It is really frustrating, because RM offers the greatest recording sound quality i have heard, but every time i record a song with a missing beginning, itīs like cutting a knife in my chest :-)

I canīt understand why it isnīt possible to fix this major bug. I have heard others record from the late Dojotech, so surely it must me able to record a track from beginning to end.

You write "3000 Milliseconds"!!?? Is that right or do you mean 300??
Havenīt tried 3000 yet, but i have spend several DAYS for the perfect setting, but it doesnīt seem to exist for me!!!

Thanks very much for your engagement here on this page, and dispite my troubles, i do love RM :-)

Scubasa1
10-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Hi again,
I always get perfect beginnings and have never had any cut off with the silence that I put before each track, which acts as a double because it splits each track too.
Beacuse I use Spotify Unlimited without the ads I can use 3000 yes 3000 not 300 milliseconds, this is beacuse some songs have gaps and it would then split the track in two, so working with 3000 works for me, but I stress with the silences inbetween each track which I put into each album when I record.
I used to have Spotify with ads but RM works so much better without them.
I love RM too, the best out there I feel.
I want them to place a button on the interface which says transfer to itunes instead of having to click rec, then off again to get the transfer to itunes window to appear, I also want to be able to copy and paste with the mouse into the album name whcih used to be the case with version 4.
A couple of niggles but for a Ģ2.95 upgrade I can't complain.
I am looking forward to a new update for RM from 5.20.
Let me know if I can help again.
All the best and enjoy RM.

Fredolin
11-17-2012, 09:06 AM
I have just bought a new laptop, and "upgraded" to Windows 7. After using several hours and hundreds of recording tests, i finally have found out to switch from audio driver to Windows audio driver in the input source, and THAT my friends, seems to have solved my problems with the missing beginnings!! It appears that i now recording directly from the soundcard. I don't know yet, if it makes a lower quality recording, but i don't think so. So now I Can hear the songs from THE BEGINNINGS. Christmas came in november this year :-)