PDA

View Full Version : Restore Bad AVI File when PC crashed whilst recording

HappyFeet
09-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Have been using RVC several years to record webinars that run during my night time
My PC sometimes crashes with long time recordings
Can't read the resultant AVI file, presumably because it has not been closed properly

Is there anyway to repair the AVI file?

Cheers Robert

Cheryl Wester
09-30-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm afraid not with our program. You might do a google search and see if there is another solution. Thanks.

HappyFeet
09-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for responding Cheryl

I wasn't asking if we could do it with Applian programs, and I get that there doesn't seem to be repair facility.

However I would be curious to know what the developers think is the problem with an unclosed RVC avi file.

And I've Googled and tried several repair applications... to no avail

Also others must have had this situation and I would like to know if anyone has been successful with repairing the file in other ways.

Regards Robert

Jeff Lenney
10-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Hi Robert

Unfortunately, no application programs/applications are able to REPAIR bad/errored out programs. It's rather complicated, if not impossible - which is why you're having a hard time finding any applications that can do such a thing. Not to say they DON'T exist, but I know of none personally

HappyFeet
10-01-2012, 01:42 AM
THanks for that

I expected so, but just hoping,

I will have to learn to schedule my recordings better so break up into shorter time frames

Cheers Robert