PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions-please help?

AWfan
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Can someone please help this computer dummy?
I got this program over the weekend specifically to record off Hulu and make my own dvd's of my favorite show so I can watch them on my tv off my dvd player instead of having to sit at desk and watch off my computer screen.
So- first question, when I record my show off Replay media catcher, why does it have multiple ones recorded instead of just one? Is that normal? They all say FLV but I notice the size looks different on all of them. Like one says size 157 MB full episode, another says size 228 MB full episode and another says size 1.94 MB hulu transcode? Ect..
Is there a specific one that I would want to keep and delete the others? And should it be doing this?
2nd question, I want to burn to dvd's, so I use replay converter, I follow the demo instructions just like it says, it goes all the way through then at the very end it pops out my dvd and says dvd burn was unsucessful. (if I play back the dvd to see what's on it, it has a black screen with red writing that says:
Direct source could not open as video or audio. Video returned/audio returned, ect..)

I got the same thing a bunch of times when I tried to burn dvd's from You tube, but I did get ONE of them to work, and I didn't do anything different on that one.
My computer is a compaq presarop SR1923WM and the dvd's I'm using to burn on are DVD-R 16x 4.7 GB lightscribe media microboards.
Thank you for any help!

MatthewC1000
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Can someone please help this computer dummy?
I got this program over the weekend specifically to record off Hulu and make my own dvd's of my favorite show so I can watch them on my tv off my dvd player instead of having to sit at desk and watch off my computer screen.
So- first question, when I record my show off Replay media catcher, why does it have multiple ones recorded instead of just one? Is that normal? They all say FLV but I notice the size looks different on all of them. Like one says size 157 MB full episode, another says size 228 MB full episode and another says size 1.94 MB hulu transcode? Ect..
Is there a specific one that I would want to keep and delete the others? And should it be doing this?
2nd question, I want to burn to dvd's, so I use replay converter, I follow the demo instructions just like it says, it goes all the way through then at the very end it pops out my dvd and says dvd burn was unsucessful. (if I play back the dvd to see what's on it, it has a black screen with red writing that says:
Direct source could not open as video or audio. Video returned/audio returned, ect..)

I got the same thing a bunch of times when I tried to burn dvd's from You tube, but I did get ONE of them to work, and I didn't do anything different on that one.
My computer is a compaq presarop SR1923WM and the dvd's I'm using to burn on are DVD-R 16x 4.7 GB lightscribe media microboards.
Thank you for any help!

Try not to crosspost...;), you're question has been answered on the 1st question you posted.

Jeff Lenney
11-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Duplicate Thread.

Closing.