PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions-please help?

AWfan
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Everyone seems to know what they are doing on here but me! Hopefully someone can be so kind as to help this computer dummy out!
I got this program over the weekend specifically to record off Hulu and make my own dvd's of my favorite show so I can watch them on my tv off my dvd player instead of having to sit at desk and watch off my computer screen.
**FIRST question, when I record my show off Replay media catcher, why does it have multiple ones recorded instead of just one? Is that normal? They all say FLV but I notice the size looks different on all of them. Like one says size 157 MB full episode, another says size 228 MB full episode and another says size 1.94 MB hulu transcode? Ect..
Is there a specific one that I would want to keep and delete the others? And should it be doing this?
**2ND question, I want to burn to dvd's, so I use replay converter, I follow the demo instructions just like it says, it goes all the way through then at the very end it pops out my dvd and says dvd burn was unsucessful. (if I play back the dvd to see what's on it, it has a black screen with red writing that says:
Direct source could not open as video or audio. Video returned/audio returned, ect..)
I got the same thing a bunch of times when I tried to burn dvd's from You tube, but I did get ONE of them to work, and I didn't do anything different on that one.
My computer is a compaq presarop SR1923WM and the dvd's I'm using to burn on are DVD-R 16x 4.7 GB lightscribe media microboards.
Thank you for any help!

MatthewC1000
11-03-2008, 11:20 AM
AWfan, welcome to the forum! :)

Replay Media Catcher also will download commercials from the hulu.com site,
when capturing video files.
just use EXPLORER and, look for files that are under 2 MB (likely commercials) and, delete them. ALso,
I highly recommend trying ConvertxtoDVD software to convert video files to DVD...(FLV files must be converted to .avi or mpg/wmv before using ConvertxtoDVD)
If you have Nero, that might also assist you...with converting Video files to DVD
using NeroVision.

Kind Regards.

flvrecor3r
11-03-2008, 10:54 PM
They all say FLV but I notice the size looks different on all of them. Like one says size 157 MB full episode, another says size 228 MB full episode and another says size 1.94 MB hulu transcode? Ect..
Is there a specific one that I would want to keep and delete the others? And should it be doing this?

In Replay Media Catcher, I suggest right clicking the file and choosing Play Media.
Once you recognize what the file is by watching it, close the FLV player.
Then in Replay Media Catcher, I suggest right clicking the file and choosing Rename and/or Edit Tag Info and name it to something sensible.
If it is a file you don't want to keep, in Replay Media Catcher, I suggest right clicking the file and choosing Delete Recording.
Once all the files have been deleted or renamed in Replay Media Catcher, I suggest right clicking a file and choosing Clear all recordings from the list. This tidies up the list. Be sure NOT to choose Delete all recordings from the list unless that is what you really want. That will delete from your computer all the recorded files you see in the list.

Once the above housekeeping is completed you can choose Tools | Open Storage Directory and continue using Windows Explorer to move the files to wherever you like.

AWfan
11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks so much for the help! I'm getting the hang of this now!
I was finally able to burn a dvd the other night of my show, after I did some updates and upgrades on my computer without having to use any other software programs besides this one. Yay!
But now I have a new question, do I need to burn all episodes I want to put onto the dvd at the same time? Or can I burn one today, one tomorrow ect, onto the same dvd?
Because the show I burned last night went fine, but when I put in that same dvd to burn the next episode onto today, once again it spit out my dvd and said "burn unsuccessful". Is that because it's not blank anymore and it wants a brand new blank dvd to burn to? Obviously I don't want to put only one 45 minute episode on one single dvd each time, I was hoping to do up to 4 episodes per dvd. So is this only possible if I burn them all at the same time?
Thank you!

Cheryl Wester
11-08-2008, 12:28 AM
You would need to burn all of the programs on the same DVD at the same time. Thanks.