PDA

View Full Version : Converted file cannot be used in Windows Movie Maker

americanmuslimgirl
11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
I just downloaded and installed both the media catcher and the converter. I captured a movie online, then converted it to a WMV file. Then I opened Windows Media Maker to start working with the file. I created a video, adding simple titles. When saving, I get an error that says there is not enough space or the location cannot be used or the original file was moved. I checked all those things. I have over 100 GB to use, the place is valid, the files have not been moved.

Can you help???!

Thanks

S.
www.americanmuslimgirl.com

MatthewC1000
11-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I just downloaded and installed both the media catcher and the converter. I captured a movie online, then converted it to a WMV file. Then I opened Windows Media Maker to start working with the file. I created a video, adding simple titles. When saving, I get an error that says there is not enough space or the location cannot be used or the original file was moved. I checked all those things. I have over 100 GB to use, the place is valid, the files have not been moved.

Can you help???!

Thanks

S.

Your PC might be low on Disk space right click on HDD then, check to see your HDD FREE Space and, make sure its at least 10 GIGs free also, try clearing the System Restore Point's to gain more space then create a new System restore point. I would recommend Corel DVD Movie Factory 7 Trial for great video editing .....:) to burn to DVD

WOW, YouTube gave you your own site...:D

Kind Regards.

americanmuslimgirl
11-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Well, I did check and there is plenty of space available. I wonder if that editor would let me save to the computer. I just downloaded AVS video editor to see if I have better luck with that. Thanks for your reply! If anyone else has an idea, it would be appreciated.

S.
www.americanmuslimgirl.com

flvrecor3r
11-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I have over 100 GB to use, the place is valid, the files have not been moved.
When creating movies and DVD's I have noticed the working file system must be NTFS when making large files. One example is the temporary ISO file for creating a DVD can be between ~4GB up to ~10GB for a Dual Layer DVD.

For me, I can't use an external firewire or USB drive nor a FAT 32 formatted local drive when creating DVD's. The errors from several programs are almost always vague or inconclusive until I remember to move my working files to the NTFS drives. Then the programs work as expected.

Might not apply, just an idea.

BTW, I purchased AVS video editor one version back and it worked OK. The interface was incredibly difficult to learn with dozens of counterintuitive gestures required to make use of many features. I would still use it in a pinch and don't regret buying it. But I won't purchase it again. They went through a dozen updates, some even changing the GUI and the way the program worked, and the help file never changed. (And still hasn't after a quick look.)