PDA

View Full Version : Problems since i upgraded.

keiththebairn
10-31-2008, 07:51 AM
I recently upgrade to the new 3.01 RMCAT and now when i download from youtube the files are no longer named properly and have random numbers then videoplayback.flv at the end of every download.

In this format i can no longer change them to wmv files using winavi. Previously i had no problems doing this.

Winavi states that the file may be broken or the relative codec is not installed. I've spent two days working on codecs but to no avail. Everything was fine until i upgraded.

I have installed no new programs, i really do not understand it. Maybe one of the new plugins is the problem?

(Occasionally the youtube downloads do work though!!) however generally the first scenario normally occurs.

MatthewC1000
10-31-2008, 08:14 AM
keiththebairn, welcome to the forum :)

In regards to your question:
I recommend CCCP Codec Pack (free) (http://mirror.fi.intternet.org/cccp/Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2008-09-21.exe) and, not the k-lite codec pack and, try Replay Converter to convert to other formats, versions 2.8 & 3.12 are avail'

Please report your success ;)

keiththebairn
10-31-2008, 06:41 PM
CCCP makes no difference nor do any codec packs. Basically the job the old RMCAT does was the job i paid for. Now the new one does not carry out that job.

Using the demo of RMConvertor it says directshowsource couldn't open file. And it dosen't convert it. No combination of filters could be found to render the stream for both video and audio.

I use video clips to create compilations etc. With youtube not working i would be as well using keepvid or vixy.

Please help i love RMCAT

MatthewC1000
10-31-2008, 07:23 PM
CCCP makes no difference nor do any codec packs. Basically the job the old RMCAT does was the job i paid for. Now the new one does not carry out that job.

Using the demo of RMConvertor it says directshowsource couldn't open file. And it dosen't convert it. No combination of filters could be found to render the stream for both video and audio.

I use video clips to create compilations etc. With youtube not working i would be as well using keepvid or vixy.

Please help i love RMCAT

Wow, I'm baffled by this...well, if you have tried both versions of RC 3.12 & RC 2.8 then well, I know a 3rd party app that "might" deliver the good its called: Tubehunter Media Center (http://www.neoretix.com/th_mc/more.htm) the only reason I recommend this app is, 'cause, it's your final resort. I assume you have installed the codec pack tons of times so, this might work :D

Good luck ;)

zanefan
10-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Hey Keith,

I hate to say this, but I think your problem might be WinAVI. I use that, too, and let me tell you, anytime ANYTHING changes on my system that even remotely affects video files, the thing stops converting FLV files and gives that stupid "might be broken" error message.

And, like yourself, I end up spending days tweaking/reinstalling/uninstalling codecs trying to get it to work.

Usually, after a few days, it just randomly starts working again.

I've brought this concern up to the WinAVI people, suggesting they release a newer version that is more FLV friendly, but so far, nothing.

I know this doesn't really help, I just wanted to tell you that you're not alone in having those problems with WinAVI.

keiththebairn
11-01-2008, 01:59 AM
The problem is to do with the original download no convertors are changing files downloaded from youtube. They convert files downloaded from any other destination. However the youtube downloads appear to be different as they are not named properly and won't play on media player classic. It also starts 2 or 3 downloads of the same file which start within seconds of each other and have different codes when they finish.

Thanks for the help