PDA

View Full Version : Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

enfuego360
09-01-2012, 10:06 AM
OK, I will try to describe everything that I can so hopefully I can get an answer to my issue. In short, Replay A/V is not recording my Sirius shows in entirety. I get 10 second to 1 hour+ blocks of recording.

This all started this past Thursday. When I left for work, everything was working as usual. When I got home is when I noticed something was wrong. Somewhere in between the recordings of my two Sirius shows, something happened. Being that I was not home, I am not sure what happened. I went to my recordings and noticed that my first show had recorded, but my second show did not. I went to click on the Replay A/V icon in the system tray and it disappeared. I figured the program frozen and shut down. But when I clicked the icon in my start menu, it told me that it could not find the program. I looked in the folder I installed it in, and the program file was gone. No one was on my computer, so I have no idea what happened here. I had to uninstall the program and reinstall it for it to finally work.

Then yesterday (Friday) I ran the program as I usually do, and I noticed that I would get blocks of recordings that would last 10 second to 1 hour+. I do not have it set to cut up the recordings. I record one whole recording in one file. Again, this affected only my Sirius recordings. I do record another show off of a radio website and it records the whole show as it should and has been. So whatever is going on seems to only be effecting the Sirius stream. I checked the XM Tuner and ran it over night (Into this morning) and it never shut off or had any outages. So I dont think it is the XM Tuner. To double check, I streamed a channel through XM tuner while tuning to the station using Replay A/V. The tuner continued to play while the stream through Replay A/V stopped and I got this message, "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available (for example, the server is busy or not online) or you might not be connected to the network." I even tried to stream Sirius with a different program (SiriusXMStreamer) and I got the same results. Replay A/V records in blocks, while playing the stream from SiriusXMStreamer works fine.

Going back a step, when I got home from work (Friday) I read a few post on this forum and found that the updated flash player has affect some people. So I tried to record a program on my laptop which has an older version of flash. It did the same thing. I also tried it on a 3rd computer... Same thing. I installed the latest version of flash on the 1st computer I had a problem with... Same thing. I uninstalled flash and reinstalled the last version that worked well... Same thing. By the way, System Restore does not work on my computer. I was never able to figure out how to get it to work, and luckily have never really needed to use it. I think it is a Windows 7 thing or just something messed up on my computer. So I can't go back to a restore point.

I am not sure what is going on. It has to do with how Replay A/V is capturing the stream. Why it started to act up now and not before is a complete mystery.

Some other helpful info... I have Windows 7 (XP on my 3rd computer & Vista on my laptop), XM Tuner 0.6.4 and I am using Replay A/V 8.82.

Hopefully someone out there can help me. I know this program is not really being supported anymore, but hopefully I can get some help. By the way, I know I read that a new program that is similar is coming out soon. What is the latest word on that? Last I saw was in the beginning of August and it was said to be coming out in a few weeks. Is it still on schedule? Can you give a good description of its capabilities?

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Jaybe
09-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Hello, enfuego360.

I’m so glad you posted this. I am having a similar experience as you and I was getting ready to post something about it myself.

Beginning this past week, probably around Tuesday, I began to notice that some stream captures using Replay A/V v8.83 and XMTuner v0.6.4 have been interrupted during capture. I’ve been trying to look for patterns, but there have been no apparent patterns yet so far. By that I mean, I might get a 1 hour show stream to download in its entirety, but then another show might record for 91 minutes, then prematurely end and restart to finish recording for the rest of its scheduled time only to have more intermittent uneven disruptions for the rest of its intended recording schedule.

Another quick example to illustrate the seeming randomness of the current situation is I would have a recording begin at its intended time only to stop within 4 minutes, then begin to capture the stream again and work for about an hour only to have it stop again and repeat similar stilted behavior for the rest of the scheduled recording period.

These uneven intermittent interruptions make me think that the problem points less to that of a timing out issue because it’s not an even 90 minutes, which I think is the amount of listening time you get when tuned to Sirius/XM with their native Flash application before it gives you the “are you still listening” nag screen.

The combination of Replay A/V v8.83 and XMTuner has been working flawlessly for me for I think about a year now, since the last time Sirius introduced their new Flash-based on-line listening application and broke the stand-alone functionality of Replay A/V.

I don’t know if what we’re dealing with right now is a Sirius/XM countermeasure intended to dissuade or eliminate stream capture, or if it is simply some network problems that Sirius/XM is currently experiencing. Or maybe we are nearing the end of the road for the particular servers that the XMTuner app accesses. If anyone here can shed some light on this, I would be grateful.

For the record, I have been successfully using the combination of Replay A/V v8.83 and XMTuner on an old Pentium III running Windows XP SP3. The Windows OS has been kept up-to-date, but I have been careful not to download every new version of Adobe Flash because of the reported problems that some people have been having with the Flash-based/I Heart Radio/audio-capture methods of recording with Replay A/V.

I should mention that the “I Heart Radio/audio-capture” method of recording with Replay A/V has been working properly for me. It’s only the when I try to stream capture using the above described methods that I have been having this recording problem.

Are there any others out there having this same problem?

And a quick hello to Cheryl. Hello. I hope you’re doing well. I’m sure you’re tired of being asked this question, but do you have any new information on when the new Replay A/V replacement will be released? Are either you or your tech people who monitor what’s going on with Sirius having issues similar to what we have described here?

Thank you to you, Cheryl, and to enfuego360 for opening this thread, and to anyone who might be able to provide information and offer solutions.

Jay

Cheryl Wester
09-02-2012, 02:28 PM
We don't have a date for the new program. I have no idea why you had the issue with Sirius as you can't record using stream capture unless you use the tuner. If they had an issue or if your Internet had an issue that could be the reason for that.

enfuego360
09-02-2012, 02:38 PM
No. I have no issue with my internet connection, and as I said above, there are no breaks in the XM Tuner stream. What else could cause this?

ebrtmyr
09-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I am experiencing the same thing. I will get a show that will split into short fragments creating multiple files where there would typically be only one file of say 1 hour of Sirius feed. I agree that it's frustrating. In the past, this has happened and then it would seemingly "fix itself". I have tried restarts of the program and the computer.

If it matters, i'm running on Replay AV on a Parallels install on a Mac computer. Replay AV is really the only reason I even run Windows on this Mac...I hope this can be resolved quickly. Recording the shows manually is a shame and the scheduling that R-AV provides is very handy.

Flat_Timmy
09-03-2012, 07:06 AM
I've had this same problem for over a week. I too use the XMTuner. I thought it might be related to the isp. I'm using a different one this weekend and everything was fine last night. But this morning I have about thirty files for a four hour recording. Every few months I have trouble with this set up. But it just doesn't record and it goes away after a couple of days. This is different. I haven't kept up with this site lately. But I saw in other threads that some of the other host programs are up again and using the newer streams. I think i'm going to try those.

enfuego360
09-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately no change from last week. After reading a few more threads, this seems to be the issue from March, that I was lucky enough to not experience until now. I am hoping that by the end of this week, or hopefully the beginning of next week I will be able to record as usual. I hope at least. It seems as though there really is no support to give... At least until the new program comes out. I hope that is soon too.

Flat_Timmy
09-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Unfortunately no change from last week. After reading a few more threads, this seems to be the issue from March, that I was lucky enough to not experience until now. I am hoping that by the end of this week, or hopefully the beginning of next week I will be able to record as usual. I hope at least. It seems as though there really is no support to give... At least until the new program comes out. I hope that is soon too.

I'm going to give siriusxmstreamer a try. Someone in another thread mentioned that it's capable of playing the new Sirius threads. As I understand it XM Tuner still uses the old ones. I'm surprised that Sirius hasn't pulled the plug on them by now.

dinohall
09-03-2012, 02:39 PM
siriusxmstreamer is having the same issues for me

enfuego360
09-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Let me know if it helps you. It didn't help me. I used Replay A/V to record off of XM Tuner on 3 computers (XP, Vista & Windows 7) & SiriusXMStreamer on my Windows 7 computer. All 4 options did not work today (Same as last Friday). Now I also recorded through my sound card using XM Tuner (Not the stream) and the audio only kicked out about 5 times for 20 to 60 seconds each time.

It's as if Replay A/V isn't reading the stream correctly. It think the stream has timed out, when it has not and then reconnects.

Cheryl Wester
09-03-2012, 02:50 PM
We are coming out with a new program in a few weeks that will work with Sirius. We are excited about it. As existing owners of AV you will receive a discount although I don't have any details as of yet.

bookooc
09-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Let me know if it helps you. It didn't help me. I used Replay A/V to record off of XM Tuner on 3 computers (XP, Vista & Windows 7) & SiriusXMStreamer on my Windows 7 computer. All 4 options did not work today (Same as last Friday). Now I also recorded through my sound card using XM Tuner (Not the stream) and the audio only kicked out about 5 times for 20 to 60 seconds each time.

It's as if Replay A/V isn't reading the stream correctly. It think the stream has timed out, when it has not and then reconnects.

I am having the same issues too. This has happened a few times in the last few months. I have recopied the url into a/v, and even though it hasn't changed, it works for a while. This time, starting last Friday, it didn't.

bookooc
09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
We are coming out with a new program in a few weeks that will work with Sirius. We are excited about it. As existing owners of AV you will receive a discount although I don't have any details as of yet.

Well, while I glad to hear you guys are finally coming up with a fix for the Sirius problem, I am not as excited as you are about paying for the program again. The only reason I bought this was to record Sirius, and it hasn't done that without other software's help for how long now?

Cheryl Wester
09-04-2012, 08:05 PM
We stopped selling AV in Feb. This is due to changes in technology such as this and other items. We are sure you will enjoy the new program and we will be offering it at a discount for our loyal customers. It is a completely new program and is not just for Sirius.

Sm1th
09-05-2012, 07:38 AM
:( I have this same problem, but it isn't with Sirius. I record talk radio streams and lately it has been failing to record anything longer than a half hour, so I'm left with a bunch of show fragments. It is really frustrating. I can only hope the new program will fix these problems. I really don't mind paying if it fixes these problems, because I really have been happy with it until now. Plus, I don't know of any other products out there that do what Replay A/V does.

Flat_Timmy
09-05-2012, 08:39 PM
:( I have this same problem, but it isn't with Sirius. I record talk radio streams and lately it has been failing to record anything longer than a half hour, so I'm left with a bunch of show fragments. It is really frustrating. I can only hope the new program will fix these problems. I really don't mind paying if it fixes these problems, because I really have been happy with it until now. Plus, I don't know of any other products out there that do what Replay A/V does.

I've been having this problem for almost two weeks. But I recorded my only non-Sirius for the last two weeks with no problems. Each show is three hours long.

Flat_Timmy
09-05-2012, 08:39 PM

I've been having this problem for almost two weeks. But I recorded my only non-Sirius for the last two weeks with no problems. Each show is three hours long.

beavis6953
09-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Peace and Love... Peace and Love...

Well this problem is effecting everyone whom is recording SiriusXM streams. I really would like to know a more solid time frame for this new product. I don't mind paying for a new program if it will permanent solve this problem and add some other useful functionality.

Is there any alternatives we can use in the meantime?

Cheryl Wester
09-06-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't have a time frame or I would give it. We are testing the program as we want to make sure it works like we want it to. I don't have an alternative, I'm afraid.

Flat_Timmy
09-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I've been experiencing this problem for two weeks. One thing I noticed is that last week most of the problems involved recording Ch 101. I only had a couple of problems with 100. This week I've had no problems with 101 (I made about ten 101 recording this week). But 100 has been the problem. I've made five long recordings and each one had multiple problems. That makes me hopeful that the problems with 100 will eventually go away.

Leerichjr
09-08-2012, 06:30 AM
I had the same issue and found a new version of the SiriusXM Tuner. Use the following link to download the latest version. http://www.xmtuner.net/
Once installed you should not have any issues recording Sirius programming.

enfuego360
09-08-2012, 07:29 AM
I've had this update since March. I am only having an issue now.

Leerichjr
09-08-2012, 08:19 AM
What issues are you having? I just recorded something on Sirius 101 last night with no problems.

enfuego360
09-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Read the first post.

Leerichjr
09-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I was having the same issue. I was using SiriusXM Streamer 1.9.11. Since I've switched over to XMTuner my recordings are working fine.

wils217
09-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Having the same proble with both xm tuner and sirius streamer. Seems that replay av lose sirius station . I go into my folder and have like 54 segments. Are we gonna have a fix or just have to wait till the new program comes out?

Flat_Timmy
09-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I had the same issue and found a new version of the SiriusXM Tuner. Use the following link to download the latest version. http://www.xmtuner.net/

I downloaded this version last week even though the op indicated he was alread using it. Like the op I still had problems. As I said in an earlier post, I've had problems with different channels (2) at different times. Two weeks ago 101 was the problem. Last week it was 100 - no problems with 101. That may mean this will simply go away.

Flat_Timmy
09-09-2012, 03:36 PM

I downloaded this version last week even though the op indicated he was alread using it. Like the op I still had problems. As I said in an earlier post, I've had problems with different channels (2) at different times. Two weeks ago 101 was the problem. Last week it was 100 - no problems with 101. That may mean this will simply go away.

Leerichjr
09-10-2012, 06:42 PM
I had the same message stating that xm Tuner was already running. I am working off of Windows 7 and on the lower left hand corner I can hit a ^ icon to see what programs are working in the background. Sure enough the xm tuner program was already running in the background. I right mouse clicked on the icon and chose "restore" to open the program. Once the program was opened I clicked on the "channels" tab and picked the channel i wanted to record. In the URL builder section I selected "ASX" as a format and copied the IP address. I then pasted that IP address in Replay AV to record my desired channel. I have not had any issues since this weekend.

enfuego360
09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
I was hoping to reported some good news, but unfortunately I can only report half good news. I recorded channel 100 this morning without any interruption... Unfortunately when I recorded channel 104 this afternoon, the show was chopped up, and actually never even finished recording.

My guess is that all this is temporary... At least I hope. Hopefully this mornings recording for me was not just a fluke. Anyway, with that said, it is possible that the ASX format did not solve anything and that the problems just went away. Personally I don't think changing the link will help, but I am basing that on no knowledge.

Tomorrow, I will try recording again, and if I have problems again, I will try the ASX link. I will let you know what is going on.

Leerichjr
09-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Good luck and keep me posted. My recording of the Stern Show today was cut into 2 files, but I still was able to record the whole shoe.

enfuego360
09-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Back to square one. Not only did my recording this morning not work like it did yesterday, but I tried recording 104 in the afternoon using the ASX link and that didn't work either (I had about 50 segments for less then 3 hours). I'll have to use work-arounds until the new program comes out and just hope that the problem corrects itself.

In the end, I'll be able to listen to my shows, but it will be frustrating and more work to get them recorded. My question is though, is this an isolated thing? Or are there others who are not speaking up? Usually when there are problems, you see a bunch of people complaining. I am not see that. I was hoping for maybe an update to the XM Tuner, but no one is complaining on their forum. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Flat_Timmy
09-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Back to square one. Not only did my recording this morning not work like it did yesterday, but I tried recording 104 in the afternoon using the ASX link and that didn't work either (I had about 50 segments for less then 3 hours). I'll have to use work-arounds until the new program comes out and just hope that the problem corrects itself.

In the end, I'll be able to listen to my shows, but it will be frustrating and more work to get them recorded. My question is though, is this an isolated thing? Or are there others who are not speaking up? Usually when there are problems, you see a bunch of people complaining. I am not see that. I was hoping for maybe an update to the XM Tuner, but no one is complaining on their forum. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I've been having the problem w/ 100 and 101 for the last two weeks. This evening I also got the 'Error Fetching Stream' problem that crops up a few times a year. That one usually lasts a couple of days and goes away on its own. This new one is annoying because it won't go away. The week of Aug 28th the problem was mostly w/ 101. Last week and this weeks it's been 100 that hasn't worked too well.

TheCarsForever
09-12-2012, 04:17 PM
I have been experiencing the same issue for over a month now. To be clear - I am using Replay AV with XM Tuner to capture Sirius/XM streams. Off and on for a few months and now consistently for about a month captures that previously would be a single file are now between 20 and 50 files. I have the same setup on my office and home computer and have them both record as I would occassionally have an issue with one recording so this reduces the chance of completely not recording. The two systems are on completely different hardware and the office has a massive Internet pipe but both are experiencing the exact same issue. In fact, the stream breaks are typically at roughly the same place in the recording.

Earlier in this thread an Applian Rep noted a new tool that will record the Sirius/XM encrypted streams, but I don't see anything noting what the new tool is. I am another user annoyed to pay again for a tool when the primary use of it is to record Sirius/XM, but if it works I would like to know. I would love to record without XMTuner and also be able to capture streams that are not available in the legacy streams.

Cheryl Wester
09-12-2012, 05:02 PM
We don't have a release date for our new program but hope to have it ready in a few weeks. We are testing it and making changes on a daily basis. It is going to be called Replay Radio 9 and will only do audio and not video. One of the components is the ability to record Sirius and XM.

TheCarsForever
09-12-2012, 05:36 PM
We don't have a release date for our new program but hope to have it ready in a few weeks. We are testing it and making changes on a daily basis. It is going to be called Replay Radio 9 and will only do audio and not video. One of the components is the ability to record Sirius and XM.

Depending on the 'upgrade' cost it will be nice to have a tool that does this. I am sure you could find a few beta testers in this thread if that can help out :D.

Jeff Lenney
09-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Depending on the 'upgrade' cost it will be nice to have a tool that does this. I am sure you could find a few beta testers in this thread if that can help out :D.

Probably not going to happen - lol - but we'll keep you in mind if that is needed - you never know :)

jlatenight
09-14-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Do we know for sure it's a problem with SiriusXM and Replay A/V specifically, or is this effecting people recording the stream with other apps? I'm doing an experiment using VLC Media Player to record the stream from my SiriusXMstreamer app. I'll let it go and see if I run into any problems. I'll report back with my findings.

jlatenight
09-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Ok, so I tried recording with VLC Media Player and it recorded for a while, probably like 10min., and suddenly stopped. I then went into siriusXMstreamer itself and played howard100, it played for about 13minutes and the sound stopped with an error: Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D11C0 The timer kept going, but no sound. The log in siriusXMstreamer shows disconnects and reconnects every 10 or 15 minutes. The problem doesn't appear to be specific to Replay A/V. Sirius must have changed something. I first started having a problem on Friday 8/31.

jgrierden
09-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Not only do Ihave problems recording Sirius , but I cannot get consistent recordings from AM radio streams. I have the same problem others have , getting 50 pieces of a show.
However, all my manual line-in recordings are perfect , though. We suspect that the problem is not with Replay A/V , but with a weak provider signal from Comcast. Comcast , over the phone ,told us our internet signal was weak and had us reset our modem.
The sirius recordings were perfect for only a day.
My next step is to have Comcast come to my house and replace the modem.

jgrierden
09-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Not only do Ihave problems recording Sirius , but I cannot get consistent recordings from AM radio streams. I have the same problem others have , getting 50 pieces of a show.
However, all my manual line-in recordings are perfect , though. We suspect that the problem is not with Replay A/V , but with a weak provider signal from Comcast. Comcast , over the phone ,told us our internet signal was weak and had us reset our modem.
The sirius recordings were perfect for only a day.
My next step is to have Comcast come to my house and replace the modem.

Flat_Timmy
09-17-2012, 07:40 AM
The asx solution people have been talking about in this thread isn't working for me. It works for a little while and then drops out. I wind up with a bunch of segments. I'm already up to twenty-two of them this morning.

Flat_Timmy
09-17-2012, 08:30 AM
One other thing I noticed is that in previous weeks, one channel would work while the other one wouldn't. So in addtion to recording 100 from 6-11, I took to recording 101 from 9-2. That worked all last week. Now the two channels drop out simultaneously.

jlatenight
09-20-2012, 07:39 AM
68 separate files today for the Stern show....this is getting really annoying.
So are we all convinced the issue is something Sirius changed on their end? I've been monitoring my connectivity to my ISP and I haven't found any issues.

TheCarsForever
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
So are we all convinced the issue is something Sirius changed on their end? I've been monitoring my connectivity to my ISP and I haven't found any issues.

I have setup the same recording schedule on three computers each running the same version of ReplayAV and XMTuner but each using different ISPs with very similar results. I record a 4 hour show weekdays and it breaks up to between 50 and 98 files where it was a single file about 4-6 weeks ago. The break timing is not identical between systems, but very similar. Two of the Internet connections are ones I can virtually guarantee no one else in this forum uses so unless the issue is upstream from these ISPs, it is unlikely the Internet connection is the issue. One connection is about 50MB down/18MB up so connection speed is not likely a factor either.

Basically it looks to either be ReplayAV or Sirius that have the problem, but I don't know how to figure out which one. That said, if I use the same URL to play the stream in a media player there are no breaks - I only see an issue when recording streams in ReplayAV. In the past if I had ReplayAV break a Sirius recording into segments I would lose about 20-30 seconds of the programming (my understanding this is due to the connection being dropped and reconnected). With this current issue, I often have breaks that are only a couple seconds and sometimes the next file repeats a couple seconds of the previous file instead of losing anything. My impression is that this means that neither XMTuner nor the Internet connection are dropping but instead something in ReplayAV is triggering a drop. It is possible the ReplayAV is 'sensing' something that causes a break, but I have no idea what that would be.

It would be really interesting to hear if anyone has tried another tool to record the HTTP stream and whether they have the problem. I haven't looked for another tool...yet...so I cannot say if that would help. Much longer with this issue though and I will likely need to give an other recording tool a shot.

TheCarsForever
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM

I have setup the same recording schedule on three computers each running the same version of ReplayAV and XMTuner but each using different ISPs with very similar results. I record a 4 hour show weekdays and it breaks up to between 50 and 98 files where it was a single file about 4-6 weeks ago. The break timing is not identical between systems, but very similar. Two of the Internet connections are ones I can virtually guarantee no one else in this forum uses so unless the issue is upstream from these ISPs, it is unlikely the Internet connection is the issue. One connection is about 50MB down/18MB up so connection speed is not likely a factor either.

Basically it looks to either be ReplayAV or Sirius that have the problem, but I don't know how to figure out which one. That said, if I use the same URL to play the stream in a media player there are no breaks - I only see an issue when recording streams in ReplayAV. In the past if I had ReplayAV break a Sirius recording into segments I would lose about 20-30 seconds of the programming (my understanding this is due to the connection being dropped and reconnected). With this current issue, I often have breaks that are only a couple seconds and sometimes the next file repeats a couple seconds of the previous file instead of losing anything. My impression is that this means that neither XMTuner nor the Internet connection are dropping but instead something in ReplayAV is triggering a drop. It is possible the ReplayAV is 'sensing' something that causes a break, but I have no idea what that would be.

It would be really interesting to hear if anyone has tried another tool to record the HTTP stream and whether they have the problem. I haven't looked for another tool...yet...so I cannot say if that would help. Much longer with this issue though and I will likely need to give an other recording tool a shot.

Cheryl Wester
09-20-2012, 07:04 PM
I use the SiriusXM Streamer instead of the XmTuner. I'm not having splitting or pausing at all on the links I'm recording.

codgus
09-20-2012, 07:51 PM
The biggest difference in `XM Tuner` and `SXM Streamer` is that `XM Tuner` listens on Port `19081` and `SXM Streamer` listens on port `51710`.

I to was getting the multiple .ASF files on something as small as a 1 hour show. I like `XM Tuner` because I know it works and is dependable for start up and the Service Control Server is lite and dependable. So as an experiment I am using port `51710` in my `XM Tuner` ver 0.6.4 (Just updated). So far 15 min without interruption. I'll post again tomorrow to let you know how I make out.

25 minutes as of the end of this post 2012-09-20..... Be Back Soon.

9/20/2012 11:16PM - Recorded 1 hour successfully.

9/20/2012 11:18PM - Started now - Set to record 11:18 PM to 3:00 AM - Splitting 60 min
Using XM Tuner URL: mms://localhost:51710/streams/206/high

9/21/2012 9:12AM - From 6am to 9am - fine. At 9am files starting splitting at about 8:48am, then it rec orded for 12 secs and split, then 7min 34secs and split, then 13 mins 22 secs and split to present. No reason I can see for this and although we are discussing it in Applian, I'm not sure we can blame the app. I have a seperate stream that I record for a specfic channel (also an mms) that works flawlessly. So I find it hard to believe it's Replay A/V that's the problem. I haven't tried the SXM Streamer yet, but will.

Flat_Timmy
09-20-2012, 08:48 PM
I use the SiriusXM Streamer instead of the XmTuner. I'm not having splitting or pausing at all on the links I'm recording.

Someone else in this thread experienced the same problems with the streamer.

Flat_Timmy
09-21-2012, 04:22 AM
The biggest difference in `XM Tuner` and `SXM Streamer` is that `XM Tuner` listens on Port `19081` and `SXM Streamer` listens on port `51710`.

I to was getting the multiple .ASF files on something as small as a 1 hour show. I like `XM Tuner` because I know it works and is dependable for start up and the Service Control Server is lite and dependable. So as an experiment I am using port `51710` in my `XM Tuner` ver 0.6.4 (Just updated). So far 15 min without interruption. I'll post again tomorrow to let you know how I make out.

25 minutes as of the end of this post 2012-09-20..... Be Back Soon.

9/20/2012 11:16PM - Recorded 1 hour successfully.

9/20/2012 11:18PM - Started now - Set to record 11:18 PM to 3:00 AM - Splitting 60 min
Using XM Tuner URL: mms://localhost:51710/streams/206/high

This worked last night. But it's not working this morning. Same problem- multiple files. Is it necessary to use mms? I just changed the port.

codgus
09-21-2012, 06:22 AM
This worked last night. But it's not working this morning. Same problem- multiple files. Is it necessary to use mms? I just changed the port.

It doesn't have to be mms, you can use http. I was trying mms to see if it made a difference. Apparently it does not.

9/21/2012 9:12AM - From 6am to 9am - fine. At 9am files starting splitting. At 8:48am, then it recorded for 12 secs and split, then 7 min 34 secs and split, then 13 mins 22 secs and split to present. No reason I can see for this and although we are discussing it in Applian, I'm not sure we can blame the app. I have a seperate stream that I record for a specfic channel (also a mms) that works flawlessly. So I find it hard to believe it's Replay A/V that's the problem. I haven't tried the SXM Streamer yet, but will.

As I typed this it split again after 9 mins 51 secs.... I'm stumped so far.

enfuego360
09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
personally i think sirius changed something... by the way, i am basing this on no knowledge of this stuff. i couldnt figure out why there arent more complaining, but i think it has to do with sirius' new player. if you miss your show, now you can listen to it on-demand. plus you can go back and listen up 6 hours back. and lastly, you have the phone app.

for me, unfortunately no of this stuff help me. i cant listen online at my job and i dont want to pay an extra $25+/month ($5 for premium online subscription and $20+ for going up a level or to on my data cap) to listen on my phone. so this is my only good option... which hasnt been so good lately.

TheCarsForever
09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
I record numerous programs both Sirius/XM and other streams. Not a single non-Sirius/XM streams breaks at all - even ones that are many hours in length. It is only Sirius/XM. If I listen to the same Sirius/XM stream simultaneous to recording it the audio does not have a single 'blip' despite the recording breaking into numerous files.

The things that catches me is that there is usually no gap in recording when a new file is created. If you use the ReplayAV show properties to split a XMTuner or SiriusXM Streamer recording there is usually 20-30 seconds of lost content between files. My understanding this is due to the stream being dropped and then reconnected after the split which takes a little time to occur. I would see this drop in the XMTuner logs and there are other forum posts noting this. Due to this I started recording a single large file instead of splitting. Non-Sirius/XM streams usually do not experience this drop and I find that they sometimes even repeat a few seconds in the new file. Since this issue started, the breaks are often a few seconds and sometimes the next file repeats a couple seconds of the previous file instead of losing anything. As this mirrors what I see in a non-Sirius/XM stream I suspect the stream has not dropped, but for some reason ReplayAV is splitting the recording.

The strangest thing is that this started for many of us around the same time without any new version of XMTuner or ReplayAV being released. I know that ReplayAV does 'phone home' for each recording and that has caused a problem in the past when there was a glitch on Applian's end. As Applian gears up for a new tool to replace ReplayAV, maybe an unforeseen glitch has hit the existing tool?

I have never tried capturing the stream with another tool though I have captured playing audio with Audacity and some other tools. Has anyone else recently used a tool other than ReplayAV to capture an XMTuner or SiriusXM Streamer stream? If so, do you experience the same issue as with ReplayAV?

enfuego360
09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
i do want to say that i did try listening to xmtuner and siriusxmstreamer while recording and i did notice drop outs. i did this back when the problem first started. things may have changed.

jlatenight
09-21-2012, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=TheCarsForever;30876

I have never tried capturing the stream with another tool though I have captured playing audio with Audacity and some other tools. Has anyone else recently used a tool other than ReplayAV to capture an XMTuner or SiriusXM Streamer stream? If so, do you experience the same issue as with ReplayAV?[/QUOTE]

I tried recording howard100 through my SiriusXMStreamer using VLCMedia player. Post is here (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?8784-Replay-A-V-Isn-t-Recording-Sirius-Shows-In-Entirety...&p=30724#post30724). It started recording for a few minutes than quit. I took that to mean it hit the same glitch that ReplayAV has been hitting, but hard to say for sure.

codgus
09-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I tried recording howard100 through my SiriusXMStreamer using VLCMedia player. Post is here (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?8784-Replay-A-V-Isn-t-Recording-Sirius-Shows-In-Entirety...&p=30724#post30724). It started recording for a few minutes than quit. I took that to mean it hit the same glitch that ReplayAV has been hitting, but hard to say for sure.

Maybe there is a new split-signal in the stream, maybe the stream is changed for OnDemand and ReplayAV is getting a signal that tells it to split. Can Applian test this?

codgus
09-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Quick update::: Today, it recorded perfectly. 5 hours, split every 60 mins, no errors.

dinohall
09-24-2012, 04:29 PM
same here, 2 shows 5 hours each worked fine today.

enfuego360
09-24-2012, 04:36 PM
i'll make that 3... 2 shows recorded perfectly, 1 in the am (100) and the other in the afternoon (104). could this all be fixed? i sure hope so. but i am hesitant to jump for joy yet. a couple of weeks ago, i recorded my am show perfectly, only to have it break up in the afternoon. hopefully this is not the case now.

EDIT: Just noticed on another site someone also stated that it worked for them today too.

jgrierden
09-24-2012, 04:52 PM
wow----- one 5 hour, one 3 hour, and one one hour recording today, with no splitting ! I wonder what changed ?

jgrierden
09-24-2012, 05:13 PM
wow----- one 5 hour, one 3 hour, and one one hour recording today, with no splitting ! I wonder what changed ?

jlatenight
09-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Mine didn't record b/c my pc rebooted (unrelated issue), so I can't comment. Man I hope it's fixed....I had to listen to the RADIO on the way to work today. Yeah...I know!:mad:

Flat_Timmy
09-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Success last night for MTT and again this morning and this evening. I wanted to get a few shows in before getting excited. I've been able to record MTT in its entirety for the last three weeks. But this is the first day in a while I've recorded three straight shows uninterrupted.

codgus
09-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Holding Breath...:rolleyes: Today was good as well.

jgrierden
09-25-2012, 06:08 PM
all Sirius shows recorded intact today , also !

TheCarsForever
09-25-2012, 07:08 PM
all Sirius shows recorded intact today , also !

Unfortunately I am well over 100 files for a four hour show tonight and it is still recording. Last night was a single file so not sure what happened to make it work or what broke it again.

TheCarsForever
09-26-2012, 07:35 AM
I have three systems recording the same program and they have 91, 134 and 135 files respectively. They all recorded within a minute of the same total time despite the quantity of files which is about 5-7 minutes less than the actual 4 hour show time. Wish I knew why it worked fine for a day and then stopped working again.

Flat_Timmy
09-26-2012, 08:52 PM
I have three systems recording the same program and they have 91, 134 and 135 files respectively. They all recorded within a minute of the same total time despite the quantity of files which is about 5-7 minutes less than the actual 4 hour show time. Wish I knew why it worked fine for a day and then stopped working again.

I've had no problems this week.

Cheryl Wester
09-26-2012, 09:03 PM
If you are using Sirius in Canada they have made some major changes in the last few days. Our program is not going to capture it using stream capture. This happened in the US two years ago.

Flat_Timmy
09-26-2012, 09:08 PM
I've had no problems this week.

Spoke too soon. Unable to record Midnight - 1 AM. But the problem is different. It can't connect to the server. This happens for a couple of days every few months. It goes away on its own.

enfuego360
09-27-2012, 07:01 AM
hmm... same here. i never had this issue before. right now, xmtuner says "Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct." is this what you are getting?

TheCarsForever
09-27-2012, 11:18 AM
The XMTuner forums (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmtuner/forums/forum/1050609/topic/5884419) are reporting similar issues. Hopefully either the new Applian tool is released soon and/or the stream issue is resolved. Broken recordings are better than no recordings...at least most of the time :o

ethanernest
09-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Yup.. Exactly the same problem.. also had the earlier mentioned problem of recordings broken into 12-15 or 20 files when it used to be just 4.

enfuego360
09-29-2012, 12:44 PM
just read this on another board from this username...

SXM_Help:
"Hi Everyone -

We are experiencing some issues with our online feed. We are wondering if this is connected to the issues you were having today. We will keep you posted on any updates we may receive.

-SiriusXM Digital Care Team"

I have no idea if this actually is someone from sirius, but i have seen this account help people with online issues. so it could be. if this is true, hopefully we will see a fix soon, because this is not a replay a/v issue or a xmtuner/siriusxmstreamer issue. this is a sirius online streaming issue. and hopefully this isnt a 'sirius changed something' issue, because then we are all screwed.

Jeff Lenney
10-01-2012, 12:41 AM
just read this on another board from this username...

SXM_Help:
"Hi Everyone -

We are experiencing some issues with our online feed. We are wondering if this is connected to the issues you were having today. We will keep you posted on any updates we may receive.

-SiriusXM Digital Care Team"

I have no idea if this actually is someone from sirius, but i have seen this account help people with online issues. so it could be. if this is true, hopefully we will see a fix soon, because this is not a replay a/v issue or a xmtuner/siriusxmstreamer issue. this is a sirius online streaming issue. and hopefully this isnt a 'sirius changed something' issue, because then we are all screwed.

This is good info - thank you for sharing

enfuego360
10-01-2012, 06:58 AM
well, unfortunately there isn't good news. that quote was posted in a thread about the TTR1. not sure what that is, but i think the issue that SXM_Help is talking about pertains to that only (i could be wrong though). i was reading in another thread for the siriusxmstreamer that it seems that siriusxm finally killed the legacy streams. so unless some new program is made to connect to the new flash streams, it seems that 3rd party streaming will be dead. hopefully the new program that is replacing replay a/v is working with the new streams and not the old ones.

i am holding out hope that things will be fixed by the end of the week, but i am not holding my breath. i'll probably give it 2 weeks before i totally give up hope.

Flat_Timmy
10-01-2012, 08:10 AM
well, unfortunately there isn't good news. that quote was posted in a thread about the TTR1. not sure what that is, but i think the issue that SXM_Help is talking about pertains to that only (i could be wrong though). i was reading in another thread for the siriusxmstreamer that it seems that siriusxm finally killed the legacy streams. so unless some new program is made to connect to the new flash streams, it seems that 3rd party streaming will be dead. hopefully the new program that is replacing replay a/v is working with the new streams and not the old ones.

i am holding out hope that things will be fixed by the end of the week, but i am not holding my breath. i'll probably give it 2 weeks before i totally give up hope.

It doesn't sound like Replay's successor will work with the new streams. I asked whether the new program would record SiriusXM and the response was that they hope it will - probably streams in US and audio only in Canada. But other posts in this forum indicate that the new threads are encrypted and that it's illegal to sell software that decripts encrypted threads. I gathered from this that the intention was that the new software would employ the lagacy threads, just like XM Tuner. But if Sirius has finally pulled the plug on them, the software could only 'Record from Speakers'. If I'm wrong about this (and I hope I am), someone please correct me.

TheCarsForever
10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
I am not able to use the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option in Replay AV to record Sirius streams in addition to the inability to use XMTuner. In an Applian post from a couple months ago (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?7743-Can-Hear-Sound-But-Replay-AV-Does-Not-Record), it sounds like this was due to a change in the Flash player, but I am not comfortable reverting to an earlier version of Flash just to record Sirius. I am not aware of another tool to record audio from the computer that can be easily scheduled and I would prefer not to mess with other tools, command line switches and the Windows scheduler if there is a replacement tool coming from Applian that will fix the Sirius/XM stream issue. That said, if there is not a solution forthcoming, it would be nice to know so we could start investigating other options.

To this end, it would be great if someone from Applian could give us a little clarity on the following:

Will Replay Radio 9 will be able to capture the encrypted Sirius/XM Streams?
Is there an anticipated release date for Replay Radio 9?
Does Replay Radio 9 fix the Flash "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" issue?

Thanks!

enfuego360
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
here is the latest...

'Recent Moves by SiriusXM Have Forced Us to Retire Pulsar Effective October 1st, 2012, Pulsar is no longer available for purchase. While it is still available for download for existing users, we have no further planned updates for it. Why This Has Happened Changes SiriusXM has made throughout the past year represent deliberate moves to lock out others. Pulsar has always existed at the mercy of SiriusXM, and their recent actions make it clear that they wish to lock out all third-party players. We enjoyed both making and using Pulsar, and we'll be very disappointed to see it go. It is clear, however, that SiriusXM wants you to do all your listening through their web-based players.'

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/pulsar/

it was fun while it lasted.

roooo
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Having had Replay AV for years, it seems like we've had this type "looks like this is the end" thread about 100 times. Yet, we have worked around it to a recordable solution every time thus far, so I remain optimistic.
I'm not sure why SiriusXM is so hardassed about us being able to record what we pay for, but such is reality. We're pretty resourceful and I'm hoping that someone will soon post a solution. And, if any company can figure this out, it's Applian. I will gladly give them my money again to have a program that will record Sirius for me. In the meantime, I will suffer through SiriusXM's dreadful "download" feature on my iPhone.

bookooc
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Holding Breath...:rolleyes: Today was good as well.

Yeah, me too through last Friday, everything went to crap. Xmtuner can't even connect to HS 100

zss42002
10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
me too please come up \with a solution cant go without howard wtf

geobrick
10-02-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure why but channels 3 (20 on 20) and 119 (CSPAN) seem to work fine with xmtuner. Nothing I want to record seems to work though. I haven't tried every channel yet.

Flat_Timmy
10-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure why but channels 3 (20 on 20) and 119 (CSPAN) seem to work fine with xmtuner. Nothing I want to record seems to work though. I haven't tried every channel yet.

No luck with either of these channels.

roooo
10-02-2012, 07:19 PM

Interesting. Channel 3 on xmtuner works for me too. Wonder why a couple of channels work but the majority do not. Anyone have any theories?

roooo
10-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Interesting. Channel 3 on xmtuner works for me too. Wonder why a couple of channels work but the majority do not. Anyone have any theories?

wils217
10-03-2012, 07:38 AM
anyone here of a program called Streaming Audio Recorder? I just tried a trial 3 minute version and it copied right off of sirius internet. Found another product that works too....from wondersoft one problem is that sirius internet login in time you out after 1 hour.

wils217
10-03-2012, 09:59 AM
anyone here of a program called Streaming Audio Recorder? I just tried a trial 3 minute version and it copied right off of sirius internet.

Found another product thru *********** that records directly from your sirius login. One problem is that it time you out after 1 hour.

TheCarsForever
10-03-2012, 11:06 AM
I am not able to use the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option in Replay AV to record Sirius streams in addition to the inability to use XMTuner. In an Applian post from a couple months ago (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?7743-Can-Hear-Sound-But-Replay-AV-Does-Not-Record), it sounds like this was due to a change in the Flash player, but I am not comfortable reverting to an earlier version of Flash just to record Sirius. I am not aware of another tool to record audio from the computer that can be easily scheduled and I would prefer not to mess with other tools, command line switches and the Windows scheduler if there is a replacement tool coming from Applian that will fix the Sirius/XM stream issue. That said, if there is not a solution forthcoming, it would be nice to know so we could start investigating other options.

To this end, it would be great if someone from Applian could give us a little clarity on the following:

Will Replay Radio 9 will be able to capture the encrypted Sirius/XM Streams?
Is there an anticipated release date for Replay Radio 9?
Does Replay Radio 9 fix the Flash "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" issue?

Thanks!

Since no one from Applian has responded, I guess we are left to assume Replay Radio 9 will not help us either directly record or resolve the flash issue for recording flash based sites. I was hoping that this was not the case and that in the near future we would have a solution. Guess it is time to start looking for other solutions.

TheCarsForever
10-03-2012, 11:17 AM
anyone here of a program called Streaming Audio Recorder? I just tried a trial 3 minute version and it copied right off of sirius internet. Found another product that works too....from wondersoft one problem is that sirius internet login in time you out after 1 hour.

Unfortunately I don't believe you can schedule these easily nor can they record without the stream audio playing. I typically record the stream for future listening (time shifting) and without a bunch of scripting am running into problems accomplishing it without me being there to intervene and/or keep the stream active beyond the 60-90 minute timeout. That was the biggest perk of using ReplayAV - even with XMTuner - you could set it to record at any time and it would just happen.

Cheryl Wester
10-03-2012, 04:32 PM
We don't know when the program is going to be released with a definite date. We hope to have it in the next couple of months. Regarding Sirius as of now it is working with the US Sirius but if they change how they are streaming (just did in Canada) we don't know. We have no way of knowing what Sirius or other stations are going to do in the future. Thanks.

TheCarsForever
10-03-2012, 05:27 PM
We don't know when the program is going to be released with a definite date. We hope to have it in the next couple of months. Regarding Sirius as of now it is working with the US Sirius but if they change how they are streaming (just did in Canada) we don't know. We have no way of knowing what Sirius or other stations are going to do in the future. Thanks.

Thanks for posting some info Cheryl. Knowing it is months versus days or weeks before the new program is available definitely helps. What about the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option that doesn't work with some Flash based sites like Sirius/XM? Is that looking to be resolved in the Replay Radio 9?

roooo
10-03-2012, 09:01 PM

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure what you mean by "Regarding Sirius as of now it is working with the US Sirius" What is working? Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
The version of the new program that I'm trying.

TheCarsForever
10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks for posting some info Cheryl. Knowing it is months versus days or weeks before the new program is available definitely helps. What about the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option that doesn't work with some Flash based sites like Sirius/XM? Is that looking to be resolved in the Replay Radio 9?

I don't believe we heard whether the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option is restored with Replay Radio 9. Can Cheryl or someone else from Applian let us know if this is likley to be fixed in the new version?

Cheryl Wester
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
We are still working on it to my knowledge. Thanks.

TheCarsForever
10-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Has anyone found a solution to let us record Sirius while we wait for the long term Applian solution?

enfuego360
10-14-2012, 05:39 PM
OK, for the last few weeks, I have been testing out a short term solution. I think I found one. It is not ideal and it does not work 100% of the time, but I think I have most of the bugs worked out.

If you are recording one channel, you will need 3 things:
1) Replay A/V to record the sound through your speakers (Or any program that can do that).
2) Internet Explorer (I'll explain that more later).
3) siriusKA (Do a search and you will find it).

Here is what siriusKA (aka Sirius Keep Alive) does. Basically it keeps the Sirius online player alive. This program only works with Internet Explorer. I have no clue how or why this program works, but it works most of the time. But it is a frigidity program. If you (from what I have seen, and there could be other answers) set up the program and do something else after setting it up, the likelihood that it won't keep the online player alive increases. I want to state again, that this is ONLY for recording one channel.

Here is what you need to do. Set up Replay A/V (Or another recording program) to record. Then open up the Sirius online player and log in. Next tune in to the channel to you want to record. Then after that you start up the siriusKA program and follow the instructions on the program (you will have to drag an "X" onto the siriusxm logo and then hit start). Once that is done, don't touch anything else. If you do, you may cause the siriusKA program to stop working and the online player will time out after 90 minutes.

Now there is a way to record on two different channels, but not at the same time obviously. That involves a 4th program called Auto Mouse. That program moves the mouse around as if you were moving the mouse. It is a lot more complicated to explain and I am not 100% set on how to make it work with the other programs to record multiple channels.

I do want to mention one other way to record. That is to connect you sirius radio to you computer and record through the speakers. I tried this one time a few years ago on my laptop and it seemed to work. there is no worry about the player timing out, but you can only record one channel, unless there is some sort of machine that can hit a button on a timer.

All you will need is something like this: 3.5mm Audio M/M Retractable Cables (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021811&p_id=6753&seq=1&format=2). You connect one end into the headphone jack of the sirius radio and the other into the microphone jack in the computer. Then record through the speakers.

Like I said, this is a short term solution, until a new Applian program comes out. Hope this helps.

TheCarsForever
10-15-2012, 10:02 AM
OK, for the last few weeks, I have been testing out a short term solution. I think I found one. It is not ideal and it does not work 100% of the time, but I think I have most of the bugs worked out.

Like I said, this is a short term solution, until a new Applian program comes out. Hope this helps.

YIKES! I can definitely see how this can work, but unfortunately not doable for me. Most of my recordings occur when I am not anywhere near my computer and/or I am not able to leave the audio running when I leave. Bummer. I really hope something else comes along that allows for scheduled recording of streams. I would even settle for Sirius/XM to allow more shows to be used via their OnDemand system - most of what I want is not part of this program presently.

Flat_Timmy
10-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I would even settle for Sirius/XM to allow more shows to be used via their OnDemand system - most of what I want is not part of this program presently.

I don't know why they didn't include the 101 shows. And I think only the live 100 (not vacation) shows are available. Hopefully they'll include them all soon. But even if they do, I think we'll still want something like Replay. I don't trust the techs at siri to consistently add all of the shows in a timely manner.

Flat_Timmy
10-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I would even settle for Sirius/XM to allow more shows to be used via their OnDemand system - most of what I want is not part of this program presently.

I don't know why they didn't include the 101 shows. And I think only the live 100 (not vacation) shows are available. Hopefully they'll include them all soon. But even if they do, I think we'll still want something like Replay. I don't trust the techs at siri to consistently add all of the shows in a timely manner.

enfuego360
10-16-2012, 03:25 PM
just to update what i wrote, it seems that there is an update for siriuska. instead of dropping that x on the logo, it is dropped on the play button. it also looks like it may work with other browsers besides internet explorer.

i need to work with it a bit before i can see it there are any major differences, but i think this may work better then the previous version. just a hunch.

TheCarsForever
11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
It has been a little while since we got an update from Applian so I wanted to confirm that we can still expect Replay Radio in the near future and that it still can schedule record the present US Sirius Internet streams.

Cheryl Wester
11-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Do to more changes when the new program comes out it will be able to capture using audio only with Sirius and XM. The streams from them are such that stream capture is no longer possible-unless they change again.

TheCarsForever
11-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Do to more changes when the new program comes out it will be able to capture using audio only with Sirius and XM. The streams from them are such that stream capture is no longer possible-unless they change again.

Thanks for the quick response Cheryl. To make sure I understand, Applian is not able to provide a solution to capture and record Sirius/XM content without it playing live, correct? I also assume this means that the 90 minute website time out issue comes into play as well. It will be nice to have the ability to capture flash audio restored, but it definitely loses one of the key features I used in Replay AV. I hope I have misunderstood though as this would make Applian's solution a no-go for me and I suspect many others since the main reason I used Replay AV was to record content when I was not at the computer for future listening.

Cheryl Wester
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
At this time that is what I do mean. They change all the time, however, and our developers are always working hard to update.

TheCarsForever
12-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Hello,

Now that Replay radio has been released, I wanted to check if Sirius/XM Stream recording has been fixed.

Thanks,

Chris

Cheryl Wester
12-18-2013, 09:17 PM
It will capture using audio capture. We have a great video on how to do this. https://applian.com/support/videos/replay-radio/rr9_sirius

TheCarsForever
12-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Cheryl. Unless I am missing something this is recording the audio playing on the computer, not capturing the stream. This means I have to log into the Sirius Webpage and stick around to ensure the page doesn't time out in order to record programming. It also means I am stuck listening to the audio playing in order to record it. There are other tools that can handle this functionality, but I have been hoping for a tool that will let me schedule a recording without needing to be around. From the video you linked it looks like this is not feasible with Replay Radio. If I am mistaken, definitely let me know.

Cheryl Wester
12-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Due to how they encrypt the files this is how it works. You are able to mute your system when doing a recording, however.

unclemike
12-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Cheryl. Unless I am missing something this is recording the audio playing on the computer, not capturing the stream. This means I have to log into the Sirius Webpage and stick around to ensure the page doesn't time out in order to record programming. It also means I am stuck listening to the audio playing in order to record it. There are other tools that can handle this functionality, but I have been hoping for a tool that will let me schedule a recording without needing to be around. From the video you linked it looks like this is not feasible with Replay Radio. If I am mistaken, definitely let me know. I record American Top 40 every weekend without a problem. For example the Saturday show starts at approximately 12 NOON and ends approximately at 2:15PM . I start the XM player at about 11:30AM and it does not time out until about 3 hours. I know this because of the time of the recording.