PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV 8, Vista and SigmaTel sound card

Maine63
10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I've downloaded Replay AV 8 (v. 8.5). I can't record 'what you're hearing now' from the speakers. I begin recording like the tutorial shows to no avail. I did download the Freecorder (v. 4.5.186.6) which actually does record, but I'd rather use Replay as it has some really nice features. Any thoughts? I had previously been using Roxio on my old notebook with XP, but since I bought a new Dell with Vista and a SigmaTel sound card, no sound recording was going on til I used Freecorder!

Also, I'm getting alot of metal clicking and slight distortion when XM is playing and recording with Freecorder, any thoughts on fixes?

Thanks!

MatthewC1000
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I've downloaded Replay AV 8 (v. 8.5). I can't record 'what you're hearing now' from the speakers. I begin recording like the tutorial shows to no avail. I did download the Freecorder (v. 4.5.186.6) which actually does record, but I'd rather use Replay as it has some really nice features. Any thoughts? I had previously been using Roxio on my old notebook with XP, but since I bought a new Dell with Vista and a SigmaTel sound card, no sound recording was going on til I used Freecorder!

Also, I'm getting alot of metal clicking and slight distortion when XM is playing and recording with Freecorder, any thoughts on fixes?

Thanks!

Maine63, welcome to the forum :)

In regards to your question:

Try Replay Music 3 which works very well and, I highly recommend it!

Cheryl Wester
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
With AV you are able to capture from XM using stream capture. You won't have the clicking noise then. Add the show by going to Record-Record XM and it will be set up for you. To capture Audio with Vista and with AV you do need to turn off your User account Control. You would then use the Record-Record Audio from Speakers to set it up.