PDA

View Full Version : New Replay A/V release date

battax1
08-12-2012, 08:06 AM
When will the new Replay A/V be available? My understanding was that it would be here by now.

Cheryl Wester
08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
We do not have a release date as of yet. It is going to be called Replay Radio 9 I believe. We will send out notifications to those on our mailing list that own AV. Thanks.

cdeviney
08-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Why was Replay A/V 8 discontinued before V 9 was released?

Cheryl Wester
08-19-2012, 02:09 PM
We stopped selling Replay AV in February. Thanks.

thehobster
09-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Just hitting reply to get this one to the top as I, no doubt like many others, are (im)patiently waiting for RR9. Since I need reliable recordings for a project, I had to buy a second radio and a second subscription. Whatever the new product costs will be cheaper than what I'm doing today.

PLEASE HURRY :)

thehobster
09-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Double posted for some reason...

Jeff Lenney
09-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Just hitting reply to get this one to the top as I, no doubt like many others, are (im)patiently waiting for RR9. Since I need reliable recordings for a project, I had to buy a second radio and a second subscription. Whatever the new product costs will be cheaper than what I'm doing today.

PLEASE HURRY :)

Bumping the thread will not make the software come around any quicker. Please be patient, Replay AV was a great program - we want to make sure That it's predecessor is even better. :)

thehobster
09-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Bumping the thread will not make the software come around any quicker. Please be patient, Replay AV was a great program - we want to make sure That it's predecessor is even better. :)

Well of course it won't make it come faster. But 1) it reiterates the intense interest and 2) it just makes me feel better to do so. As soon as you all learn it's all about me we'll get along fine! :p

JTBurn
10-11-2012, 06:22 AM

I would rather you make it's successor even better.

thehobster
10-22-2012, 08:44 AM
I would rather you make it's successor even better.

I felt that way, too, before waiting for a solution for, well - it's over a year now.

At this point, I'd take an equivalent product, even missing a few features, that just worked.

I'd love to see:

Basic Scheduling
SXM (encrypted) stream capture
Daylight Saving Time schedule changes working consistently

Anything more than that is a nice to have for me. I'd gladly pay $49 for those 3 things if they indeed worked.

boonhower
11-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Please note my +1 to the previous posters who are encouraging the release of RR9. I lost my RR8 when I got a new computer, and I've tried the big media suite offered and am now having to suffer through the use of the totally inferior dar.fm platform which results in me having to devote tremendous blocks of time per week downloading streams, and heaven forbid I let it go for a few weeks as programs become undownloadable after a couple weeks of time. RR8 and its predecessors were so much a part of my life for years as I recorded 8 hours of talk radio per day. Please, please, please get this new program released. I have been looking at "Please note that Replay AV is no longer available for purchase. An amazing new radio-oriented recording solution is coming soon - stay tuned!" for months now. If it's going to be much longer, please just let RR8 be made available again on a temporary basis until 9 comes along.

Lingohocken
11-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Presumably RR9 release is being held off until it's been thoroughly tested inhouse with Win8? All versions?

Cheryl Wester
11-04-2012, 04:15 PM
We hope to have it ready for release prior to the holiday season. Thanks for your patience.

TheCarsForever
11-13-2012, 06:03 PM
I'd love to see:

Basic Scheduling
SXM (encrypted) stream capture
Daylight Saving Time schedule changes working consistently

Anything more than that is a nice to have for me. I'd gladly pay $49 for those 3 things if they indeed worked.

In a different thread Cheryl confirmed that we are not going to get SXM encrypted stream capture with Replay Radio - just audio capture. Using ReplayAV for SXM was my primary need even though I had to use a intermediary tool (XMTuner) to provide the streams. Now that the legacy streams have been discontinued I, like many others, are stuck without a way to time shift/archive most SXM content. I understand the technical difficulties and don't blame Applian for not being able to crack SXMs encryption - it just stinks.

boonhower
11-14-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm tired of waiting. Let's see how long this post gets left on here. Has anyone had any luck with any kind of competing products similar to RR? I'm on dar.fm, and it sucks. I'm willing to try a competitor at this point. I can't tell you how pleased I was with RR8. It was one of the few things in life that worked exactly as I wanted it to. I would purchase RR9 with no qualms as soon as it was available, but I'm so angry that I have been denied RR8 on my new computer despite the fact that I paid for it years ago that I'm willing to try whoever else is out there. I'd just like to hear what someone else in the same boat has tried before I dump a bunch of money which I don't have much of into something that doesn't work for what I want it for like I did the big Applain media suite (which y'all graciously refunded my money for, thank you). I'm sitting here pulling my hair out trying to get these dang 15 minute segments from dar.fm to load onto my mp3 player in order, and all it will do is transfer them onto it. Try scrolling through a couple hundred files on your mp3 player to find the next 15 minute segment. Ridiculous. RR8 worked great. Translated to my mp3 great. Arrgghhh!

Lingohocken
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Great news, Cheryl, thanks!

Cheryl Wester
11-15-2012, 06:53 PM
The version of AV you purchased should work on your system-depending on what version it is. It will not do audio capture, however, due to changes in flash-that is out of our hands-and one of the items we are working on with the new version. The developers are working hard but I don't have a release date as of yet.

RodM
11-20-2012, 06:35 PM
I hope the new release to Replay A/V has an option to set each scheduled recording session that you have set up to its own folder.
I use the scheduler for automatic recording and conversion frequently -- at present I have to record ALL programs to one folder and then copy the individual recordings to its proper folder that I have set up.

MBrice
12-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Reply to Jeff Linney: I think you meant to say its "successor." Its predecessor was RAV 7.

MBrice
12-01-2012, 12:52 PM
FWIW, I am still using RAV8 successfully, if only with Stream Capture. The Audio Record hasn't worked in years, but the Stream Capture--which yields a better-quality recording than Audio Record anyway--hasn't been affected by the Windows and Flash updates.

Still, am looking forward to Version 9, assuming it solves the Audio Record issue.

Paint
12-24-2012, 06:03 AM
Is Capture Suite better to record xm radio than Replay 8?

Paint
12-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Should a person by "Capture Suite" instead of using Reply 8 to capture xm sirius broadcasts? a

supercazzola
12-25-2012, 10:32 AM
forgive the hijack, but I am a new owner of the Applian suite, and just saw the Replay AV 8.83B as on option via Director. Will downloading and installing it hose up the ability to be notified when the new version comes out?

Cheryl Wester
12-26-2012, 10:34 AM
We stopped selling Replay AV at the end of January. When our new program comes up it will work great recording both from an audio stream and by stream capturing. It will not record Sirius due to how they stream using stream capture. There is nothing we can do regarding this. We are excited and looking forward to the release but don't have a date as of yet.

Flat_Timmy
12-26-2012, 08:03 PM
We stopped selling Replay AV at the end of January. When our new program comes up it will work great recording both from an audio stream and by stream capturing. It will not record Sirius due to how they stream using stream capture. There is nothing we can do regarding this. We are excited and looking forward to the release but don't have a date as of yet.

Will it be able to record Sirius through the speakers?

DADEO
12-27-2012, 10:49 AM
From a previous post from Applian:
"Do to more changes when the new program comes out it will be able to capture using audio only with Sirius and XM. The streams from them are such that stream capture is no longer possible-unless they change again."

boonhower
01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Any news on a timeframe for launch? Anything, just a guesstimate. Give me some hope.

Cheryl Wester
01-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Still no time frame for the release. Thanks for your continued patience.

PhilMid
02-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Cheryl - can you please give an update. I would like to know the date RAV is planned to be released and what its features will contain.

I have also been waiting (im)patiently for the new release. I can only assume that there are some serious difficulties affecting its launch that you are still trying to overcome.

Phil

Cheryl Wester
02-06-2013, 07:05 AM
no-just a lot of testing. Now, the developer is moving back to the US so it is going to be at least a month or more.

PhilMid
02-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Cheryl - What level of confidence to do you have that a new release will be available in 1 month? (10%, 20%).

ravuser
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
PhilMid,
what's your level of confidence about this?

Cheryl Wester
02-08-2013, 06:56 PM
I said it would be at least a month. I'm not the developer so I honestly don't know. When we are happy with it then it will be released.

JazJon
02-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Will replay radio allow me to capture scheduled xm recordings via line in? (Loop audio out into line in). I know you said stream capture was not possible. The question is how to automate a specific XM channel to play at a specific time as well.

Cheryl Wester
02-09-2013, 10:08 AM
That I don't know. It will not allow stream capture due to how they have encrypted the files. It will do audio recording, however.

Maine63
03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I currently use Replay A/V 8.83 and it works great, does everything I need. I am in the process of purchasing a new computer and would like to transfer the software and license to my new notebook. Do I need to re-download using my activation code? Where do I re-download the software? I am looking forward to the new version, but this one works just fine for me! Thanks.

wadio
03-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I have a quick question ... probably not worth starting a new thread.

Until now I've been using Replay A/V 7 (for scheduling and listening to -- not recording -- streams.) I just built a new machine and installed Replay A/V 8.83 (which I bought way back when but never bothered to install.)

It's working great but for some reason the "Status/Last Recording" column doesn't update, so all the streams that have previously played say, "Playing" ... not just the one that's actually playing. Replay A/V 7 didn't do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

boonhower
03-29-2013, 09:35 PM
I currently use Replay A/V 8.83 and it works great, does everything I need. I am in the process of purchasing a new computer and would like to transfer the software and license to my new notebook. Do I need to re-download using my activation code? Where do I re-download the software? I am looking forward to the new version, but this one works just fine for me! Thanks.

I'm guessing you've bought your new computer and have realized you're screwed if you want to use Replay AV 8.83. Welcome to my world for the last 9 or so months. Btw, don't bother with the dar.fm they send you to. It downloads in 15 minute segments and is horrible if you're using an mp3 player that isn't apple because you have to download every single 15 minute segment from an RSS feed that if you're not familiar with it, takes a long time to figure out. I came to this thread tonight one last time to see if it was ready before I broke down and bought premium subscriptions to the few shows I listen to like Miller and Limbaugh, but it's not so I'm done with Applian. Mind you, I would not be nearly as angry/impatient had I just been allowed to reinstall the old version on my new computer (which I had no choice but to use since the old pc went belly up). I'm guessing that it's probably a matter of it not being compatible with whatever new version of windows came out after 8.83, but it seems like that would have been at least a decent stop-gap measure while we waited on a new version. The various versions of replay radio & A/V were something that I was truly satisfied with through the years (which were many). I always felt that I was getting an incredible value for what I paid considering what these individual show yearly subscriptions would cost me, but oh well, I'm moving on.

Cheryl Wester
03-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Your 8.83 version should work on your new system. There are a couple of things that won't work with Windows 8 but the other should. Please do contact tech support if you are having an issue with details and a log file. Thanks.

ALibertarian
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi Cheryl, It's been a while. Is Replay Radio expected any time soon? The "I Heart Radio" streams are the problem, at least for me.

We do not have a release date as of yet. It is going to be called Replay Radio 9 I believe. We will send out notifications to those on our mailing list that own AV. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
04-24-2013, 07:55 PM
we are still waiting on this. It is being worked on as we are as anxious as you are for this.

Maine63
05-03-2013, 07:25 PM
I will have Windows 8 on my new computer. When I re-download my version of Applian A/V 8.83, will it work with W8?

Cheryl Wester
05-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Some of it will work but audio capture will not. Also, you will need to install an updated WinPCap file as the one with the program is for older versions of windows. Thanks.

Maine63
05-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Audio capture is the primary reason for the software, isn't it? Will the new product be Windows 8 compatible?

Cheryl Wester
05-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Stream and audio capture both are great. Stream is the ideal as it captures in the background. All of our programs do work with Windows 8 and the new one will also.

Taking Too Long
05-26-2013, 08:12 AM
We're almost to June 2013 and this product STILL has not been released yet?

I remember checking this forum out last OCTOBER when AV 8 ceased functioning in any worthwhile capacity for some info. The promises made on this forum back at that time were "Our new program should be out by the end of the year!" and "It's coming soon!'

Now I see you are STILL saying your new product is "Coming soon!" Sorry, I detect vaporware. Either that or an incompetent company / one guy working in his spare time in his garage. I'm tired of waiting. I'm going with different recording software - you know, one that actually exists?

Cheryl Wester
05-27-2013, 08:30 AM
The developer is still working on this. It is not as easy as it sounds and we don't want to release an inferior product. It should be ready in the next few weeks. We wouldn't be responding to this if we didn't exist. Also, we have released other new programs and updates for many of our other programs during this time.

Lingohocken
05-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Since there isn't supposed to be a beta release, hopefully there will be a simple, obvious and effective means for user bug reports.

It'll sure be interesting to see which platforms it works on!

PhilMid
07-29-2013, 10:09 AM
The developer is still working on this. It is not as easy as it sounds and we don't want to release an inferior product. It should be ready in the next few weeks. We wouldn't be responding to this if we didn't exist. Also, we have released other new programs and updates for many of our other programs during this time.

Cheryl - An update would be most welcome on what is happening with the new release. Can we expect a release in the next few months?

Cheryl Wester
07-30-2013, 08:31 AM
I don't have any information for this or I would be updating. We are having a meeting in a few weeks that should give me more information. Sign up for the newsletter if you haven't already to get the latest info regarding this.
http://applian.com/newsletter_signup.php

Lingohocken
07-30-2013, 09:03 AM
On May 27 you indicated the release date should be "in a few weeks." Nine weeks later, well past "a few," you now state that you'll be at a meeting "in a few weeks" to get more information.

What is so challenging, even in the loosest or most bureaucratic of organizations, about simply contacting a colleague to find out what's what? Is your IT guy living in a communications cocoon in the Himalayas?

Cheryl Wester
07-30-2013, 10:04 AM
There have been some major changes in technology and that has caused delays. I don't know when it is going to be released but I do know the developer is working on it in addition to other programs for us. Thanks for your continued patience.

battax1
08-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Just my annual check-in to see how the new release was coming along. Is there a real time estimate? Weeks? months? If I do not hear back I will continue to post every August until I get an answer! ;)

Cheryl Wester
08-14-2013, 06:14 AM
We are as anxious as you are. I don't have a date as of yet. When we do I will let everyone know. Thanks for your continued patience.

PhilMid
08-16-2013, 02:27 AM
Just my annual check-in to see how the new release was coming along. Is there a real time estimate? Weeks? months? If I do not hear back I will continue to post every August until I get an answer! ;)

I look forward to your post next August 2014.

Phil

Cheryl Wester
08-16-2013, 05:40 PM
It should be before then. I'm actually doing some testing now but in the early stages of testing. It is very cool (that is all I'm sharing;)) and I believe it is worth the wait.

xdalaw
08-21-2013, 02:03 PM
I look forward to your post next August 2014.

Phil

That's just funny. : )

But seriously, I'm also a Replay A/V user for years and have been really frustrated with the insane delay in releasing the successor product.

StephenIles
10-13-2013, 01:15 AM
Just checking in, nope still nothing to see

DADEO
10-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Their strategy might be beginning to work ....what, a new Replay you say....I'm walking with a limp 'cause your pulling my leg.

STILL Taking TOO Long
10-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Post #46 (May 2013)

I remember checking this forum out last OCTOBER when AV 8 ceased functioning in any worthwhile capacity for some info. The promises made on this forum back at that time were "Our new program should be out by the end of the year!" and "It's coming soon!!!!" Now I see you are STILL saying your new product is "Coming soon!" Sorry, I detect vaporware.
Post #47 (May 2013)

Post #52 (July 2013)

There have been some major changes in technology and that has caused delays. I don't know when it is going to be released but I do know the developer is working on it in addition to other programs for us. Thanks for your continued patience.

THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT EXIST AND WILL NEVER EXIST. The reasons for the constant stringing along of visitors to this forum are apparently legal.

Readers, notice the responses are either 1) "Something" is happening in A COUPLE OF WEEKS or 2) CHANGES IN TECHNOLOGY are the reason why this product hasn't come out yet. That same excuse was thrown out in Summer 2012. Of course there are ALWAYS going to be changes in technology! A legitimate company does not have a PR member say "The new program will be out in a couple of weeks!" in May only to backtrack and say "We have no new information at this time." FIVE MONTHS later. To say nothing of the YEARS this same game has been playing out at this point.

Does anyone have suggestions for a decent audio recording software?

STILL Taking TOO Long
10-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Post #30 Feb 2013

no-just a lot of testing. Now, the developer is moving back to the US so it is going to be at least a month or more.

Ah. So the "developer" really is just ONE guy then. That's what I thought. Who is he on the run from? :D

DADEO
10-13-2013, 03:30 PM
"Patience is a virtue".
Well somebody said that, who said that. Was it Bueller...Bueller....Bueller.

Cheryl Wester
10-13-2013, 03:41 PM
We are testing the latest version of our program now. So far we like what it is doing and hope to release it soon. Thanks.

JTBurn
10-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Post #30 Feb 2013

Ah. So the "developer" really is just ONE guy then. That's what I thought. Who is he on the run from? :D

Cracked me up. Probably true too! :o

PhilMid
10-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Cheryl,

The delays and the explanation of the delays have sapped my confidence in Applian’s ability to deliver and support this product. I am sure that I am not the only customer who feels that way. For a user (and fan) of Replay AV for many years, the basic functionality of the product was good even though a few of its functions no longer work. It definitely needed a revamp.

What assurances can Applian give to their users to give them confidence that they should part with their money for the new product? For example, if you are unable to develop the product in a reasonable time, what will happen when we report a problem to be fixed - how long would that take?

Phil

Cheryl Wester
10-27-2013, 06:36 PM
It would depend on the issue as to how long it would take. Each item is different. The developer does a lot of work on many programs and always responds in a quick manner. It is of course your choice if you decide to buy the program or not. Technology has changed a lot in the last two years and a lot of changes have had to be made.