PDA

View Full Version : RVC makes my video-streams very choppy

Diederik
08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
It seems that more and more streams can't be recorded with RMC. So I decided to dig out and use RVC. BUT... the streams run very smoothly and in high quality until I start RVC. From the moment RVC is running the stream gets very choppy. I have tried all possible settings but NO LUCK.

Furthermore : Upgrading to a newer version is always a crime with Applian. Specially if you are a user already for manyyyyyyy years. It asks for an Email address etc... etc.... BUT hey guys since I am on Sat-Cable my Email address changes every 6 months, so sorry that I don't remember them all :mad:

Diederik

Jeff Lenney
08-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Good evening Diederik,

I'm sorry, most people do not change their email addresses every 6 months - so while I can understand that must be frustrating please understand that we DO need your registration email from the one you initially signed up with. That's the only way to access your registration code.

With regards to your recording issue, To get the best quality video with RV Capture - especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.