PDA

View Full Version : Conversational Partner can not see my cam while recording

Frank85
07-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi,

i tried to use replay telecorder to record skype video calls.

This works so far, the streams are getting recorded. But the problem is, my conversational partner can't see me while the recorder is running. He only sees this loading circle instead of my cam video.

If i close the recorder, and call again, then everything is working fine. He can see me.

I am using a new installed and patched Windows XP, the current version of the telecorder (1.3.0.12) and skype (5.10.0.116). I would really like to use the telecorder as the recording quality is very good.

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks,

Frank

Cheryl Wester
07-23-2012, 03:47 PM
This is not an issue I have had reported before. Is it only with the one person that you have this issue. It could be on his side. Please let us know if that is not the case.

Frank85
07-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks for your response. i tested it myself using two computers, and established a skype connection between them.

The behavior is reproducible. don't think it's the non-recording pc. it's working when the recorder process is not running. the running recorder process should not have an influence to the other pc.

As far as i understand the recorder somehow hooks up skype traffic. Could there be an issue with multiple network interfaces, OpenVPN connections or larger routing tables? Both computers have internet access through VPN.