PDA

View Full Version : Skype recordings made in Applian product can't be edited in another Applian product ??

tdk001
07-14-2012, 11:44 AM
I've recorded a number of Skype calls using Telecorder and have recently tried to edit to eliminate dead space, etc. To my surprise, using the Applian splitter product that is part of Applian's Suite (cannot remember all the Applian product jargon) it tells me "Source File is not supported". Huh ?? A source file created using Applian software (Telecorder) that is part of the Applian Suite is not supported by other Applian software that is part of the Applian Suite !? Supposedly this can be accomplished with a workaround if I take the time to manually convert all my "source files" to a supported format but this seems like the kind of frustration you should only have to deal with when working with competing products (if at all). At a minimum, Telecorder should give you the option to choose the format you want to record in before making Skype recordings so that you can eliminate the time-wasting conversion process (the Options offered will not result in anything other than a Windows Movie File, even though I have no interest in Skype video currently). If this is indeed a product limitation I am surprised and disappointed.

Cheryl Wester
07-14-2012, 09:31 PM
We add to all of our programs all the time. It is not as easy as you would think to add a conversion format. I leave that up to the developers. They do read this, however.