PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher Failing in Hulu - Fixed

SatDoug
10-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi All:
I have been trying out the demo of Replay Media Catcher for 3 days now, and it always has worked flawlessly while capturing stuff from Hulu.

Beginning today, this is no longer the case. I cannot capture ANY Hulu videos. The capture starts, then I get the broken link icon "Partial Recording Finished". I am using ver. 3.01, and Flash 9.0.124.0., Win XP SP2. Nothing has changed on my system (no updates...I have auto updates off...no other software installed, etc.).

I knew this was too good to last! Anyone else having this problem? Note I also have a laptop that I tried, and get the same error (though I did not have it installed prior to today, so cannot say for sure if it's exactly the same).

Please Help!

dogstir
10-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Same thing... I am paid user, version 3.01 with build date of Sep 12 2008 15:09:00.

Hulu was working fine until today.

Any ideas?

This is the whole reason I spent a hundred bucks (to capture Hulu). I spent the $99 lsat Friday and it already doesn't work?

tagsvet
10-24-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm also a registered user, and am having the same problem. I'll send e-mail to Applian and see what they say.

simcoe
10-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Yep, same here — nothing but partial downloads of the RTMP stream or refused connections to the RTMP stream all day long. This stinks, especially since I've been recommending a Replay purchase to everyone specifically for Hulu.

Get the code boffins on the case tout de suite, my friends!

:)

sdoradus
10-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Ditto- Got my paid copy yesterday with first chance to use it today. Not only does it not record hulu but locks both of my browsers after several minutes. Not the best start but will wait with a certain degree of patience for them to fix the bugs.

SD

MatthewC1000
10-24-2008, 08:40 PM
It looks like adobe has done there home work on this...
they have patched the so called "leak" :( ...however, there is a 3rd party app
you might wanna try out...called "Jaksta Streaming Media Recorder" now, this is a temporary fix 'till RMC works out the problem in hand...of course, its demo and, it only downloads 50% of the video...( keep in mind, This is a temporary fix ;) )

slvrlegnd
10-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Registered user for several months using the latest RMC. Went to grab last night's episode of "The Office" and got the following:
m_nErrType = 6
m_strDesc = "Connection was closed by remote host"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 699

It appears that Hulu has added a test to see what the RTMP client is reporting its name as. If it fails the test, which RMC is doing currently, it cuts the connection and doesn't allow the stream to finish.

It seems Applian simply needs to find out what Hulu's client is calling itself, and embed that as the name RMC reports back to the Hulu servers. There was a program back in the day called HiDownload that did this very well for streaming Windows Media and Real Media files. It simply spoofed the signature of the site's preferred player and grabbed the file.

To Applian, please fix. This is why I bought RMC. If I can't download from Hulu I don't have a whole lot else to do with this software.

Andy Heinlein
10-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Hello all..

Sorry for the delay...

Media Catcher was fixed at 11:55 PM CST. It will again work on Hulu.com. Please restart Media Catcher so the plug-in can update itself.

SatDoug -- I modified your post to say "Fixed" so it doesn't cause any future confusion.

-andy.

MatthewC1000
10-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Hello all..

Sorry for the delay...

Media Catcher was fixed at 11:55 PM CST. It will again work on Hulu.com. Please restart Media Catcher so the plug-in can update itself.

SatDoug -- I modified your post to say "Fixed" so it doesn't cause any future confusion.

-andy.
This is just awesome...I was prompt to install a new pluggin for RMC and, that did the trick...
so, now, you can download clips/movies...great Applian support....the only thing the kinda sucks is that RMC STILL doesn't capture videos of joost.com no matter what settings I choose...so, I resort to sothink video downloader...but, I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;) for Applian :cool:

slvrlegnd
10-24-2008, 11:13 PM
You guys rock. Thanks for getting this update out same day!
I called my friend to tell him the bad news about Hulu downloads not working, and he told me it was updated and fixed.
Thanks again!

SatDoug
10-25-2008, 04:17 AM
You guys fixed the Hulu problem in less than 24 hours with the patch. EXACTLY what a software company should do. Fast, responsive...thank you. Many can learn from your fine example. After this response, I am immediately purchasing your software and recommending it to my friends. Please keep up the good work, it is much appreciated.:)

flvrecor3r
10-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Working great and I like the addition of the setting "Minimize to System Tray."

simcoe
10-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks, Applian! You guys never fail to amaze me with your customer service and support. Truly outstanding!

You're all all-around class act.

Cheers! :D

cbouknight
11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
I understand that there was a fix for recording Hulu, but I just purchased Replay Media Catcher a few hours ago and I can not record Hulu videos. I was suprised to see that it did work on sites I did not imagine it would. :)

Here is my settings, etc. from the help menu. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Replay Media Catcher [Version: 3.01] [Build Date: Sep 12 2008 (15:09:00)] R: 1
Current Date/Time: Sat Nov 01 20:17:27 2008
Plug-In: plugin_zhttp [3.9.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zicy [1.0.0.1]
Plug-In: plugin_zrtmp [4.0.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zrtsp [1.2.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zskhttp [1.2.6.9]
Internal: ahook [1.1.6.9]
Internal: gopher [2.0.6.9]
Internal: MusicDNSLib [1.7.0.0]
Windows: Service Pack 3 [5.1.2600]
Browser: Internet Explorer [UAC: 0] [7.0.5730.13]
Browser: Mozilla Firefox [3.0.3 (en-US)]

MatthewC1000
11-01-2008, 06:41 PM
I understand that there was a fix for recording Hulu, but I just purchased Replay Media Catcher a few hours ago and I can not record Hulu videos. I was suprised to see that it did work on sites I did not imagine it would. :)

Here is my settings, etc. from the help menu. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Replay Media Catcher [Version: 3.01] [Build Date: Sep 12 2008 (15:09:00)] R: 1
Current Date/Time: Sat Nov 01 20:17:27 2008
Plug-In: plugin_zhttp [3.9.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zicy [1.0.0.1]
Plug-In: plugin_zrtmp [4.0.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zrtsp [1.2.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zskhttp [1.2.6.9]
Internal: ahook [1.1.6.9]
Internal: gopher [2.0.6.9]
Internal: MusicDNSLib [1.7.0.0]
Windows: Service Pack 3 [5.1.2600]
Browser: Internet Explorer [UAC: 0] [7.0.5730.13]
Browser: Mozilla Firefox [3.0.3 (en-US)]

Try Updating to Flash Player 10 ;)

If this does not help try, try the submit New Ticket (http://www.applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=1)
for further trouble shooting..

Kind Regards.

cbouknight
11-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Yes, I am already using Flash Player 10. I will submit a ticket.

Thanks.