PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV8 no longer working

Mr Angry
06-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Suddenly Replay AV8 is no longer recording the shows I have recorded hundreds of times - i.e. any of the shows that can be listened to from here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/djs/

I can hear the shows over the computer speakers but I can't see any waveform, as I usually do, on the VU meter.

It seems to work okay if I start listening to a podcast over iTunes though???

I have installed Replay AV8 on another Windows 7 machine - it works fine. I have compared the settings - both are set the same.

What is going on?

Binit-Shah
06-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Same here.

I have Replay AV 8.83 and I have been recording audio from speakers since Sirius XM disabled the ability to record automatically.

I can have the Sirius XM player activate and listen to shows - but Replay's "Record Audio from Speakers" does not show the waveform of audio and nothing is actually recorded.

Please help! When is this great new RePlay solution going to be released???

Regards

Cheryl Wester
06-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Due to recent windows and flash updates audio recording is not working with AV. Some people are doing a system restore to a point where it did work and others are using master volume. We are working on the new program and hope to have it out by the end of summer. I don't have a date for this as of yet.

jj456
06-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Cheryl--Can you please explain what you mean by "using master volume" in a step-by-step process? I have a windows 7 computer. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
06-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Go to the properties of the show. Where it says Replay AV Audio Driver there is a drop down list. Drop it down. If you have Master Volume select it. It is mono only and in some computers it will not work. Each computer is different. Also, run the audio test and if you have other options that do work give them a try.

alduchaney
06-28-2012, 08:42 AM
I was able to record a silent MP3 using this method when I tested it just now. I will anxiously wait for the software update.

Binit-Shah
07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi Cheryl

Is there a way we can download Master Volume?

Thanks

Binit

Cheryl Wester
07-02-2012, 07:10 AM
It is part of most Vista and Windows 7 systems I believe. If it does not show up in the properties of our program then it is not available on your system for you.

dmarstein
07-30-2012, 11:53 AM
I've been having the same problem, but I managed to get it working by doing this: File > Settings > Tuning Tab - in the Audio Tuning section select "Tune by Opening Browser" instead of "Tune with the Replay Tuner".

RD1
08-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the tip dmarstein, but that solution is not working for me.

If anyone has other tips & solutions, please continue to post them.

Why Applian chose to end of life RAV without having a replacement already in place is highly frustrating!!

PeterC
08-04-2012, 05:28 AM
I also experienced that problem when trying to record from a Clear Channel radio station (which does not allow stream capture). I was playing the station's Listen Live via my browser (Firefox) and having Replay A/V record the audio via the sound card. A few weeks ago it stopped working. Since then I got the station's stream to play through Winamp, and Replay will record that with no problem via the sound card. Google your station's call letters and include "pls" and "m3u" to find the stream that will work with Winamp. Example- put this in the Google search box: wtvn pls [OR] wtvn m3u , substituting your station's call letters.

I use an ancient scheduler program called LaunchPad to start and stop Winamp at the appropriate times, and Replay A/V is scheduled accordingly. ( Also, I was able to get Replay A/V to stream-capture the WTVN URL I use with Winamp, but that produces an AAC or MP4 file, (not sure which), which I then convert with Replay Converter to MP3. I only use that as a backup.) Normally the station has podcasts for what I'm trying to get, but sometimes they are not always reliable in posting the podcasts, so I use this Replay A/V recording kludge as a backup.

alduchaney
11-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Hello, Cheryl,

I was just wondering if any progress had been made to restore the capability for which I purchased this software. (Trying to record radio over the internet).

I just tested it again now after all these months and seems to work again. I will know for sure next weekend when I resume the schedule and see if I can get my programs again. Thank you for any update or information you have.

Cheryl Wester
11-18-2012, 02:42 PM
We are not updating this program due to major changes in technology. We stopped selling it in Feb due to this. We are coming out with a new program in the near future that will do both audio and stream capture of the various streams.

alduchaney
01-05-2013, 06:50 AM
For anyone still following this thread - here is how I got it to work again for a radio program that can be accessed via an internet stream -

1) Select Record/Stream Capture Audio or Video Clips

2) Open a stream for the internet station play live site and verify audio can be heard

3)Select it after the URL displays in the Stream Capture Window

4) Add the selection as a new recording

From there I could schedule it for when the program airs.

ravuser
01-06-2013, 05:26 PM
thank you alduchaney