PDA

View Full Version : Can you capture DIRECTV2PC with Replay Media Catcher, Replay AV, Replay Video Capture?

jss92
10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Anyone know if Replay Media Catcher will work with this:

http://hr20.dbstalk.com/DIRECTV2PC%20First%20Look.pdf

Jeff Lenney
10-22-2008, 07:59 PM
That's a pdf file with embedded media. that's a bit tricky.

I would Recomend you check out a Screen Capture program such as Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php)

Let me know if this helps. :)

jss92
10-23-2008, 10:55 AM
That's a pdf file with embedded media. that's a bit tricky.

I would Recomend you check out a Screen Capture program such as Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php)

Let me know if this helps. :)

Jeff -

You took my question a little too literally - I want to know if anyone has used Replay Media Catcher to capture streams from DirecTV2PC. This is a new service DirecTV is rolling out for subscribers (based on some of the requirements that are contained in the linked pdf file).

Jeff Lenney
10-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi JS, sorry, you did not clarify that but simply asked if we could record from that link. :-)

Well, if you don't mind sharing with me the Site Address, along with your user name and password I can try to record it myself for you. We do get a dozen or so requests like this per week and your information is kept in the highest confidence. (For example, this week I've logged into a few xxx sites, a training site that costs $1000 per YEAR to sign up to, and even a secured microsoft "employees only" training site).

Let me now if you're ok with this please, i'd be more than happy to log in and test it for you myself and let you know the results, and if successful how to accomplish them.

Oh, please send the info to me via PRIVATE MESSAGE on the forums, no use in everybody in the world having your log in information. :)

jtmccabe
10-25-2008, 08:53 AM
I am also very interested in this. Please update the thread when you have an answer.

cdrsteve
11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi JS, sorry, you did not clarify that but simply asked if we could record from that link. :-)

Well, if you don't mind sharing with me the Site Address, along with your user name and password I can try to record it myself for you. We do get a dozen or so requests like this per week and your information is kept in the highest confidence. (For example, this week I've logged into a few xxx sites, a training site that costs $1000 per YEAR to sign up to, and even a secured microsoft "employees only" training site).

Let me now if you're ok with this please, i'd be more than happy to log in and test it for you myself and let you know the results, and if successful how to accomplish them.

Oh, please send the info to me via PRIVATE MESSAGE on the forums, no use in everybody in the world having your log in information. :)

Jeff,

Did you have any luck on this issue? I would gladly provide you access to help figure out this one. r/Steve

clbrown
01-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I use a program called Fraps. It works great, and I am able to load the files into a DVD authoring program and burn it to a DVD.

The program does not compress the video (at all) so you will need quite a bit of hard disk space. A typical 1 hour show uses about 43 GB of storage. The video quality is awesome, though, and the DVD authoring program compresses it all to fit.

brooksagnew
09-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Downloaded Fraps. It does not fuction. There are no buttons that allow you to do anything. Any other advice? The Replay AV8 worked once. It never worked again. Never shows any URL's or does anything but say "CONNECTING," then displays a dtae and nothing ever records.

brooksagnew
09-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Jeff,

Did you have any luck on this issue? I would gladly provide you access to help figure out this one. r/Steve

Fraps did not work. Replay AV8 does not work. The Flash movie plays fine, but it never recordds anything.

Cheryl Wester
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
This does sound like you would need to use a screen capture program such as Video Capture then. Give the demo a try as you will be able to quickly see if it is going to meet your needs.

bukkk2
01-28-2010, 07:32 AM
I use a program called Fraps. It works great, and I am able to load the files into a DVD authoring program and burn it to a DVD.

The program does not compress the video (at all) so you will need quite a bit of hard disk space. A typical 1 hour show uses about 43 GB of storage. The video quality is awesome, though, and the DVD authoring program compresses it all to fit.
Which version of Fraps did you use. I used 3.0.0 and was able to capture everything on the screen except the actual TV show.

douro20
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
It's almost impossible. Content protection is done at the OS kernel level. As for video output, they do something to the analog signal from your video card to keep it from being captured from there.

go_boy6
09-16-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm trying to capture DIRECTV2PC video using your video capture program and I'm having no luck. Is capturing the audio but not anything else.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks