PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music 5 crashes on tagging tracks with name containing special characters



Capricorn
06-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Hello Applian team,

first of all: RM5 is great stuff! For me, the combination Spotify/RM5 is not just a good replacement for Napster which I have been using in the past - it is a huge enhancement in every respect.

On to my problem:
Recently, I have been recording quite a few tracks of Italian music. I experienced numerous crashes of RM, Windows telling me that the program has encountered a problem and must stop now. In parallel, audio output was stuck in a loop playing the same 2-3 sec of the current track over and over again.

Looking at the context of crashes, it seems that the problem is caused during tagging the previous title, when the tags contained some "special", non-standard ASCII characters which is quite usual in Italian language. E.g. the above problem happened for every track by the band "Modà", for instance this one (http://open.spotify.com/track/7gNPuUfNdxK3j8h0SkyqRw).

Is the problem already known? Any chance to get it fixed?

Thanks
Karsten

Cheryl Wester
06-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Is it only Italian or is it also other languages? We have not been getting other reports of this.

Capricorn
06-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Well, actually it is the first time that I have encountered such a problem so I cannot really answer your question. Normally, I am recording English or German music which has always worked perfect.

I am pretty sure that this is a systematic problem since it is
- 100% reproducible
- not limited to a single track
- even not limited to same artist

If you follow the example link that I have given in my initial post you should be able to track down the root cause of the issue.

Capricorn
09-03-2012, 11:19 AM
I have updated to 5.20 with the hope that the above problem has been fixed, but it's not.

BTW, this is not related to Italian music only. It seems to occur for any type of music where artist or track name has some special characters. Italian uses lots of special characters, so you will see the issue here more frequently.

Try to record something from e.g.
- Mötley Crüe
- Jonathan Fritzèn

The song seems to be properly recorded (also tags correctly display in RM UI), but ~15sec after recording has stopped, a message box comes up telling that RM has encountered a problem and must stop now. The recorded file can be found on disk, but not with the correct name. E.g., Mötley Crüe tracks are stored as "Mötley Crüe - track xyz".

Seems that RM is really messing up with non standard characters.

Please look into this issue and try to fix it.

Thanks
Karsten

Capricorn
09-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Cheryl,

I have updated to 5.20 with the hope that the above problem has been fixed, but it's not.

BTW, this is not related to Italian music only. It seems to occur for any type of music where artist or track name has some special characters. Italian uses lots of special characters, so you will see the issue here more frequently.

Try to record something from e.g.
- Mötley Crüe
- Jonathan Fritzèn

The song seems to be properly recorded (also tags correctly display in RM UI), but ~15sec after recording has stopped, a message box comes up telling that RM has encountered a problem and must stop now. The recorded file can be found on disk, but not with the correct name. E.g., Mötley Crüe tracks are stored as "Mötley Crüe - track xyz".

Seems that RM is really messing up with non standard characters.

Please look into this issue and try to fix it.

Thanks
Karsten

Cheryl Wester
09-03-2012, 02:50 PM
This has been passed on to the developer. He asks that you submit a ticket to tech support with details and a log file.